14.

It was night when Veronica got out of the shower. She sighed in relief as she put on a towel and wrapped her wet hair up in another one. She began humming a tune while brushing her teeth. When she got out she placed a hand on her heart as she did a light gasp. There Edward Cullen sat sitting on the edge of her bed as Edward chuckled.
"Sorry didn't mean to scare you.... Your heart is pounding fast though,"
"Well no duh you almost gave me a heart attack! How did you get here?"
"Through the window," he said as she looked to see the window indeed wide open as air began blowing out.
"How long have you been going in my room?"
"For a while..... I feel very protective of you and I also like to watch you sleep,"
"Watch me sleep?" She asked searching for Clothes.
"It brings peace whenever I'm upset or angry at family or something else,"
Veronica smirked as she turned her back on him and began undoing her towel.
"You don't have some kind of vision to see people naked do you?" She asked as he chuckled.
"No,"
Edward was still memorized by her body even though her back was turned to him. He could tell she was beautiful inside out as he took an unneeded breath. When Veronica turned back to face him fully clothed she smiled from ear to ear as she sat on the edge of the bed with him.
"So Edward.... How long have you been a vampire?" Veronica couldn't help but ask as they both leaned back on her bed as she placed her head on his chest.
"Since 1918. That's when Carlisle found me,"
"Wow..... That's a long time Edward. Where did he find you?"
"In the hospital. Dying of Spanish influenza. My parents had already passed,"
"I'm so sorry..... You don't have to tell me more if you don't want to. It's okay,"
"No. I don't mind it at all your the first human I've told my past about,"
Veronica nodded as she looked up at him.
"What was it like? To become a Vampire?"
"The word excruciating comes to mind. But what Carlisle did was much harder... not many of us have the restraint to do that,"
"He only bit you though,"
"Our bite contains venom. And once we taste blood, a sort of... frenzy begins. It's almost impossible to stop,"
"So.... If you were to be able to taste my blood.... You wouldn't stop?"
"Not just me. None of us would. Your blood is intoxicating to all of us. None of us would be able to,"
"Would Carlisle?"
"He'd have a hard time but maybe he'll manage,"
Veronica nodded as she took in the information.
"Are you scared?"
"No,"
"You should be,"
"But I'm not,"
Edward sighed pulling her closer to him as she breathed in his woodland scent.
"Edward...."
"Hmmm?"
"Promise me you won't leave me for any reason,"
Edward chuckled as he kissed her on the forehead.
"I promise to never leave you V,"
"I love you,"
"And I love you. Go get some rest," he said causing Veronica to nod as she slowly closed her eyes.
*********************
Veronica gasped as she sat up the next day and realized Edward was gone. She sighed as she started getting ready for the day. She looked out her window to see Edward there smiling at her as she shook her head and smiled back.
"Hey wanna hang out today?" Bella asked coming in the room as Veronica looked over at her.
"Oh umm..... I kinda already have plans with Edward,"
"So what y'all are a thing now?" She asked a bit snappy.
"Is that a problem?"
"Just forget it," she says walking away as Veronica sighed.
"She was jealous," Edward said when Veronica made it outside.
"I could tell. Bella's always been jealous of me since we were kids. She just tries not to admit it but I don't see why she's jealous of us being together she doesnt take any interest In you,"
"Umm actually she does she just refuses to say anything,"
"Are you serious? How do you know?"
"She's thinking about me right now. Wondering why you came before her,"
"Oh..." She sighed leaning back against the seat.
"Don't think too much about it Veronica. Bella will eventually find someone else," he said as he drove out of the driveway.