10.

Veronica and the girls were out dress shopping for prom.
"I think this halter makes my boobs look big. What do you think, Bella and Veronica?" She asked as Jess had a purple dress on and Angela a light green one. Outside the window, a group of boys head toward a bar. Two of them stare at Jessica in her low-cut dress. And one of them knocked on the window door to get Veronica's attention as he did a low whistle at her and a wink.  Embarrassed, she turns back to the two.
"Veronica, Bella?"
"It looks amazing Jess."
"You said that about the last five dresses. V, what do you think?"
"Huh? Oh uhh... Yeah looks amazing and great on both of you. You should uhh... Get it," "You both are not very good at this, are you?"
"Maybe I should just go check out the book store and meet you at the restaurant later," Veronica says getting up.
"Can  I come with?" Bella asks egar standing up as well.
"Ummm actually Bells it's something I need to do alone. I'll call you and meet you back later,"
"You sure you don't want someone going with you V?" Angela asked as Veronica nods, heads out.
••••••
"Thank you," the book store clerk says causing Veronica to smile as she heads out the door.
She finally got the book she wanted to learn more about the Cullen's. She was going to head back to the restaurant, but she was kinda lost on how to get there at the same time.
"Damnit," she cussed pulling out her phone only to see it was on one percent left.
She sighed putting the phone away as she suddenly stopped when she heard footsteps behind her. She turned around but no one was there as she continued walking a bit faster. She heard the footsteps matching her pace as she turned the corner into an ally way where she was cornered by two guys from the store.
"What the hell do you guys want?" She asked unafraid as she was being surrounded by them.
"We want you sugar," one of then from behind her says grabbing onto her shoulders.
"Don't touch me dick!" She shouted as she turned around and kicked him hard where it don't shine causing him to double over.
"Oh your getting it now bitch," one of the guys said as Veronica pulled a fighting stance on and punched whoever was near her first, and kicked the other one that was in front of her in his stomach.
"Come on is that the best you got?" She asked as more of them showed up. "GET OFF OF ME!" She shouted as two guys grabbed each of her arms and the other two her legs.
"Haven't felt a woman in so long,"
"Take the bitches pants off," he said as one of them went over to unzip her pants.
Veronica let out a blood curling scream as she tried to get out of the mens grip. The sound of tires screeching was heard as the men stopped to turn to see what was happening. They suddenly dropped her back to the ground as Veronica eyes widened when she saw Edward standing there with a look of murder in his eyes.
"You think you so tough huh bitch?" The leader of the group asked.
"Veronica. Get in the car now,"
"Nah homie the bitch ain't goin nowhere,"
Veronica gasped out loud as Edward opened his mouth and fangs came out as he hissed at them causing them to slowly back away this gave Veronica the chance to bolt and get in the car. Edward stares at the group of men for a few more seconds before getting in the car himself. He attempted to run them over causing all of them to fall to the ground as he sped away from there.
"What was that back there?"
"Veronica there are things you don't know about me,"
"Clearly. So why don't you start explaining?"
"Look can't you just thank me and get on with it?"
"Thank you. But I won't get on with it Edward I want answers,"
"Look can you just distract me so I won't go back there and rip there heads off?"
"Ummm..... You should put your seatbelt on and slow down," she said causing Edward to laugh.
"V, you should put your seatbelt on. You don't know what those guys were thinking back there,"
"And you do? Because I have a pretty good idea on what they were thinking about,"
"Yeah but you didn't hear it and it angered me,"
Edward pulled up to the restaurant Veronica was supposed to be in with her friends and cousin. Before they could enter in they came out.
"VERONICA!" Bella shouted running towards her and giving her a hug.
"Where the hell have you been? You worried me to death!"
"Yeah V, we left you like tons of messages and tried to call you. We kinda ate without you,"
"I'm sorry," Edward began as he wrapped an arm around Veronica. "She spotted me and we began talking. Got distracted for a little while,"
"Oh..... Well then that's okay. Come on V, let's go home,"
"Actually I was going to stay with Edward,"
"I should make sure she gets something to eat. I'll drive her home,"
"Alright. I'll just tell Charlie that you'll be home late,"
"Thanks Bells see you guys later," she said as the two began heading inside.