Chapter 1

• Dedicated to One Direction

AN: Yay, new story for you guys! Thanks for all the support from my last story. If you haven't read it, please do. It's complete and titled, "You Again". I hope you will like this new story!! Comment on what you think about it xx 

PS: I really like the last part of this chapter, I hope you do too. 

"Come on Effy, you slow poke!!" Emily ranted while skipping up the ramp holding hands with mom. 

"Well I would speed up if I wasn't dragging your 500 ton luggage up the ramp along with mine." I grunted. This day was the worse day ever. First of all I'm carrying a stupid luggage that isn't even mine. Second I had to wake up 5 am on a Saturday to go on this stupid trip that I have absolutely no interest on. Third, this trip is actually a five day cruise ride, and everyone knows I get sea sick easily.

Damn it.

I lifted the luggage over the small bump upon entering the ship. I take a look around and I saw lots of oldies dressed in those outfits you'd see people wearing while watching cricket or something. So high class. I looked at my outfit: Plain white tank top, high waisted shorts, and my good old over used vans. Yep, I so fit in. 

"Come on Effy, our room is this way! Didn't you like to go to track and field in school? God, you turtle." Emily said. My little 9 year old sister slash brat. 

While pulling the luggage I said, "Well, if your bags weren't so heavy, I would have made it there awhile ago." I looked at her pink Hello Kitty luggage. "Em, you're 9 years old and you have tons of stuff in here!" I say making a point. 

She then stopped and looked at me with her famous puppy dog eyes. "Sorry Effy, thank you for lifting those bags.." she started to say with her goody two shoes tone. 

I rolled my eyes and said, "Yeah, yeah cut the drama. We're almost there." 

My mom stopped infront of room 208. "Here we go" she grinned. She opened the door and Emmy rushed in jumping on one of the queen size beds. There were two beds, both queen size. I rolled the bags in and noticed that the room was indeed spacious, and luxurious looking. 

I flopped down on one of the couches. I leaned in towards the small coffee table. I saw a silver plant box with some grass in it. Weird. Then I saw a card on the side, "Complimentary Gifts" it wrote.

I laughed and said, "Mom, they have wheat grass as complimentary gifts. Like really? I would have settled for a coconut instead." I threw the card back down and moved my way onto the bed.

"This room is amazing Mom! I can't believe we can afford this!" Emily shouted as she was jumping up and down on the bed. 

My eyes shifted to mom, and I saw she was gazing at me too. Once our eyes met, I saw her frown but tried to smile a bit. I gave her an assuring smile and nodded. 

What my sister doesn't know is that our financial status is not really good right now. Lots of bills on due, mortgages to pay and stuff. This cruise was just a gift to us from my mom's company for having her 20th anniversary working there. 

Ever since dad died three years ago, times have been tough. But I'm glad mom hasn't given up yet.. After this trip, I still have to finish a months' school before graduation  in high school, which I'm totally hyped for. 

Emily finally stopped jumping and started unpacking. I saw her get out some pink girly magazines and see her grinning like a fool. I took the magazine away from her face. 

"What are you smiling at like a goofy goon?" I said looking at the front of the magazine. 

Oh, of course, the all so famous British boy band One Direction. I rolled my eyes and handed her back the magazine.