Chapter 2

I was still screaming when I felt my hand being squeezed harder, and I heard a chuckle. 

"Effy, it's done. Stop screaming you're scaring the kids." Louis pointed out.

I opened my eyes behind my shades, and thank god it didn't fall, and I saw that I was indeed screaming at a kid in front of me eating ice cream. She screamed back and started crying.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry little girl I --" I started to ramble. But Louis interrupted and said, "It's okay princess, don't mind this scary old lady." he said laughing.

I pouted and mumbled, "I'm not that old." 

The kid ran away crying and went to her mommy. Louis laughed even more. When I see him laughing, I feel like he is the happiest person in the world. Like he had no problems at all. Lucky him.

My eyes then went down to our intertwined hands. I flushed and bit my lip. I started retracting my hand from him, which he suddenly took notice. He grinned, looking a little shy too. He is so cute.

"Sorry about that." I said trying not to look at him. 

"No, it's .. okay." He said then smiled. 

I then remembered a little detail he missed out mentioning to me.

I punched him lightly on his arms. He was caught off guard and winced, "Oww!! What was that for?" 

I punched him again and said, "That was for not telling me you were Louis Tomlinson from One Direction!!" I say.

He frowned, "I'm sorry. It's just that, I don't want you to know me as Louis Tomlinson from One Direction. I want you to know me as just, Louis. Or Lou, or baby.." he smirked and joked. 

I smirked too, "Oh come on, this is not some Camp Rock This is real this is me shit." I say laughing. He fuzzed his eyebrow, "Camp Rock?" 

"Oh, forgot, you're Brit." I said. 

We started making our way down the staircase. He laughed and said, "You make that sound like it's a bad thing." 

I shrugged, "Nah it's cool, but I like Aussies more." 

"When did we start talking about liking anyone?" he teased. I stopped my tracks and blushed. "Ugh, can we just go??" I say making my steps faster. 

We were back at the deck. The sun already set, and the Christmas lights were lit on. The Christmas lights were wrapped around the side of the ship, which was pretty amazing. I also noticed that most of the people were gone, and only some couples were left on the deck. Just 10 feet from me, a couple were making out.

"I think we don't belong here." I said pointing to the couple who were sucking their faces. Louis turned and I saw him grin. "Well, you know, it's not too late to fit in.." he said wiggling his eyebrows. What was he suggesting ...

I punched him again on the shoulders. He raised his arms and said, "Just kidding, just kidding." 

"Hey Lou, getting beaten up by a girl? What a shame!!" I heard someone shout from behind me. Louis stuck out his tongue and waved. I turned around, and all I could think about was if my sister was here, she would have fainted.

Coming towards us was the other remaining members of One Direction. As they were coming near, I could see them looking at each other, then at Louis.  They are wiggling their eyebrows or doing thumbs up. I rolled my eyes, boys. 

I hardly remember their names, I just know that one of them likes to have pictures with no shirt on. And I do remember the one with the curly hair --"

"And who is this fine lady?" said the guy with the sleek black hair. 

"Yeah boobear we've been searching for you, why did you leave me?!" the curly one said. I know his name .. Ha..Harol..

But what just came out of my mouth was, "Boobear?" 

Louis laughed and put his arms around my shoulders. "Effy meet .." He pointed at the guy with the blonde hair, "Niall." 

"Hello, I'm Niall, the Irish one." He said cheerfully while munching into some popcorn. 

I heard one guy whisper to the curly hair dude, "She doesn't know who we are?"

I answered back, "I'm not really a fan, but I do know you exist. I mean, who doesn't talk about One Direction?" I said rolling my eyes at the last part. 

"Well, obviously you." Said the guy with the brown hair and cute eyes. He chuckled and said, "I like that." I blushed and I heard Louis say, "Hey, stick to your girlfriend okay?" The other guys snickered too.

"That's Liam." he shook my hand. 

"Boobear, also known as Harry." said the curly hair. He had a slightly lazy voice when he speaks, which other girls might  consider sexy. "Yeah, beware he is a charmer." Niall said. 

"Don't worry, I am immune." I said raising my hands defensively. The other boys laughed but Harry pouted, "We will see about that." and he winked.

"And of course, the sexiest man alive, Zayn." Louis said pointing to the guy with the black sleek hair. 

"Oh, you're the guy with no shirt on!!" I suddenly said, remembering what Emily told me earlier. As soon as I said that, I cupped my mouth. God, they must think I'm a freak.

I saw Zayn chuckle, and Louis abruptly said, "I thought you weren't a fan?! You've been googley eyed over Zayn all along?!" I could see he was childishly joking, which was cute. God, you're never going to be bored with this guy. 

I started shaking my head, "No, my sister keeps mentioning you." I say pointing to Zayn. "She loves you." I say laughing.

Zayn said, "Is she hot."

My face became all serious when I said, "She's 9." 

All the other boys laughed, and Zayn snapped and said "Damn."

"And now boys, meet Effy, Effy.." he said. Oops, I forgot to tell him my last name. "McClair." I finished for him. 

"Well, it was nice seeing you. And it's nice to see boobear happy again." Harry said and genuinely smiled. Happy again? Wasn't he happy before. I looked up at Louis and I saw him frown a bit, then smiled back. Hmm, there is something I do not know about this. 

"So, do you normally wear sunglasses at night time?" Liam asked teasingly.

"Oops, I totally forgot!" I say. 

"Yeah, I haven't seen your eyes.." Louis whispered into my ear. I felt my body shiver, maybe it's just the wind. 

I removed my cap, and removed my glasses. As I was tucking it in my short pockets, I heard a gasp from the boys. All of them were looking straight at me, like they were awe strucked with what they saw. 

Then Liam started to speak up, "She .. looks like.." 

I saw Harry glanced at Louis with his surprised look. But Louis was just staring at me. At first he was surprised, then his face turned blank. Like all of the energy that he had earlier were wiped out. After about 10 more seconds he finally spoke up, "I'm .. I'm not feeling .. I gotta go."

And he brushed past me, just like that. 

What the hell just happened?