Chapter 6

My eyes fluttered open, and didn't like what I saw. I was lying down, back in a cave, and I surely didn't want to be in another cave after the last incident. My head turned to the opening of the cave and saw that it's already morning but the rain is still pouring. I gathered all my strength to sit up. I managed to do so, but I quickly leaned against the wall. I noticed a piece of clothing draped around me, keeping me warm. I lift the shirt, and knew to whom it belonged.

When my head turned back to the opening of the cave, I saw a shirtless figure walking under the rain making its way in the cave. It was Louis, shirtless, and carrying two coconuts.

He must have seen me sitting already. "Effy! Thank god you're awake!"

I stood up once he entered and ran up to him and draped his shirt back on him. "Are you crazy? You might get sick!" I exclaimed.

He chuckled and pushed the shirt away from him, fighting my gesture. He won of course, and managed to wrap his shirt around me again.

"Too late for that." He smirked. "And come on, at least let me flaunt my abs." He said laughing.

I was surprised. He was laughing again. And he can look at me now! Wow, something must have changed in him when I passed out.

He noticed I was quiet. He raised his eyebrows curiously. And then, unexpectedly, he lowered his head, same level as mine. He also went closer to me. I was shocked by what he did. And what was most shocking, he looked me in the eyes, and he didn't flinch.

"What's wrong Effy?" he asked.

I was still staring at him, he was so gorgeous. "Yeah, it's just .." I looked down before saying, "You can finally look at me."

I heard him chuckle. His fingers then lifted my chin so our gaze were locked to each other's again. "Yeah, so don't look away."

I smirked, and so did he. He then extended his right hand and said, "Fresh start?"

"I'd love that." I smiled at him and shook his hand. I felt something, like a tingling sensation, or more of a touch of mixed emotions.

I was about to pull my hand out, but he gripped it tighter. I looked up at him and saw that his gaze was still fixed to me.

"That felt, different." he suddenly said. I didn't understand what he meant, but I found myself blushing anyway.

Our hands were finally apart. He grabbed the coconuts on the floor. "Dinner my lady?" He said with his fake french accent.

I giggled and asked, "What's in the menu?"

He smirked, seeing that I was playing along, "Well for starters we have coconut meat. And for the main course, more coconut meat. And for drinks we have lovely coconut juice."

I laughed along on how cute he is. I put my finger on my forehead pretending I was thinking really hard. "Coconut it is!"

Louis grinned and pretended to write down what I said. "And one more thing.." I say. He looked down and I continued, "Will you join me?"

He grinned and sat down, "I'd love to, Effy McClair."

Louis cracked open the coconut by smashing it on one of the sharp rocks on the floor. He then handed it to me for me to drink the juice.

"Ahh, so good." I said after drinking some.

He then giggled.

I eyed him, "What?!" I asked.

He then sheepishly looked up and said, "That's what she said."

I just rolled my eyes. Boys will be boys. He was starting to crack open the second one, but while the coconut was in his hands on mid air, I grabbed the coconut from him.