Chapter 21

AN: YAY! New chapter! Hope you like it. x

LOUIS' POV

She was put on a strecher upon entering the hospital. I managed to grab her hand for a minute before the nurses brought her to the emergency room and told me to stay behind. My heart was beating really fast, in a bad way. When I saw her scream in pain and fall to the ground, I honestly didn't know what to do. I took a peak in the emergency room and saw that she was already laid down on a bed and the doctors were sticking an IV on her hand. She was still unconscious.

What happened to my Effy? She is eating properly, so it can't be loss of appetite. She doesn't stay up too late, so she musn't have enough reason to be tired. I placed my hand on the glass on the door of the room, as if I was reaching for her hands. 

"LOU!!" People scram behind me. 

I turned around and saw that my four bestfriends along with Effy's mom are running towards me. 

"What happened?! What happened to my little girl?!" Effy's mom asked me while shaking the hell out of me. 

What did happen?

"I..uh.." I started to mumble finding the right words. Just then the nurse intervened and talked to Effy's mom.

I faced the boys. Harry was the first to hug me. "Lad, she's going to be okay." 

I couldn't control my tears anymore. I don't want to be such a pussy, but the tears poured down anyway. "She was in so much pain, Haz. If only at that right moment,  I had the power to take it away I would have Haz." 

I looked up to Harry.

"You know I would have." I said again.

Niall patted me on the shoulders. "You'd do that in a heart beat, and we know it." 

Zayn hugged me too. "It's just fatigue bro, she's fine." 

I hope she is. I really hope she is. 

-----

The boys and I didn't leave the hospital. I was fidgeting with my cup of coffee when her mom came out of the room. My heart lightened a bit when I saw her smiling. 

"She's awake." She said.

It was like Christmas. I couldn't contain my joy. I almost dropped my cup of coffee as I ran to her room. As I entered her room, I saw her with an annoyed look on her IV. Then she heard my presence because her head shifted to my direction. Her whole face lit up, and so did my soul. 

"Hey, carrot boy." She smirked. 

Yep, she's okay.

I ran to her bed and hugged her gently. "That was the scariest thing ever.." I whispered in her ear.

"Even scarier than the extinction of carrots in the future?" She answered back jokingly. 

I chuckled. "Well.." I started to say. 

I head her gasp and she lightly bumped her head into mine. "Hey!!!"

I poked her cheeks. "Kidding!" 

The boys also went in and gave Effy their hugs. I love how they love Effy too. 

Three doctors came in discussing with each other before facing us. 

I sat down on her right side where her hand is not injected with needles. I then slowly interlaced my fingers through hers and brought her hand up and kissed the back of it. She then grinned and kissed me back on my cheeks. 

The oldest looking doctor then removed his glasses and finally faced us. "All of you here to hear the news?" 

Then Niall giggled. We all looked at him.