Chapter 13

AN: Thanks for all the comments and votes! I hope you'll like this chapter xxA

After the firefly show, we all decided to go back inside and got some sleep. My mom was planning to take the boys for a historical tour with one of those tour buses here in Savannah. The boys groaned when they heard the word "historical" but when my mom said that we'll be stopping at all the good food stops, all pretty much agreed, especially Niall. Zayn had to be pushed a little bit more, so I told him that this part of Savannah is full of hot college students. Zayn being Zayn, he quickly agreed. 

I closed the door behind me. For the last time tonight, I looked out at the small glass window on the door.  The fireflies were now moving away, and yet it's still so magical. Then I felt a pair of arms hugging me from behind, the person's arms on my waist. 

I felt a head nuzzling into my head. "Mhm, you smell good." Louis whispered in my ear.

I giggled. "Go to bed, Lou." 

He hugged me tighter. "But I'm having so much fun hugging you." 

I laughed even more. "You sound like a baby." I then pushed away his arms and flopped down on the couch.

He smirked then sang, "Baby baby baby oooooh.."

I giggled and started covering my ears. "Ouch, ears bleeding! Stop!!" 

He chuckled and sat down beside me. I was facing the television with my knees up, but then he pushed down my knees and started to lay down with his head on my lap. I rolled my eyes and lowered my face to him, "What do you think you're doing?"

He then poked my nose. "I like the view from here." 

I blushed but then realized that he may mean something else. My eyes trailed onto my chest area .. and then I quickly covered them with my arms. "You pervert!!"

Louis was laughing hysterically on my lap. "I didn't mean it like that!" 

I shot him a death glare and started to lower down my hands. His hands then went to my face. He was tracing my face with his fingers, then he was holding my face. He gently said, "I meant this." He  said while stroking my cheeks. 

Just on cue, my blush started to appear. I smiled at him. I like this view too. My hand caught his as I removed it from my face, but once it was down, I didn't let go. He looked at our hands, and grinned. 

"So, earlier I asked Harry when was 1D's last time in America. I mean, just for leisure, not because you have concert or interviews. I mean, just to have fun." I started to say. I looked at him, and he started to frown. His head moved slightly away a bit. ".. and he told me to ask you." 

Louis sighed before facing back to me. I felt his grip on my hand gets tighter a bit. "Of course he would say that. I was the reason why we went here the last time." 

"Oh why?" 

"Hazel's burial." He blankly answered. 

I felt my chest sting a bit. "Wait, is she American?" 

Louis shook his head. "No, but there's a certain place here that meant so much to her." I felt his fingers playing with mine. "She asked to be buried there." 

"Oh, okay." I blankly said. 

His hand then went to my lips. "Hey, smile." 

I didn't even realize I was frowning then. I gave him my best smile, and he chuckled. 

"Don't worry, Effy? I'm okay." He smiled. He then sat up so our faces were now leveled with each other. His hand went back to my face, holding it while he was staring at me. "I'm okay now." 

I felt his thumb brush my lips, and I found myself staring at his. Could he hear the beating of my heart getting louder? Because it surely was. 

LOUIS' POV

I never get how people say that when something important or special happens to them, it seems that time slow downs for them. I used to laugh at that idea, because time never listens to anyone, it doesn't follow anyone, and it surely doesn't stop for anyone.

But right now, as I look upon her face, I felt it. I felt time stopped. Time stopped so I could have a longer time staring at the perfection sitting right in front of me. 

I look at her eyes, that pierce through my soul every time I look at it. I look at her cheeks, tainted with red which makes her look like an angel. Her nose, and how perfect it was. And lastly, her lips. So tempting, and here am I so close to it. 

She was staring back at me, anticipating for something. If she could only hear the pounding of my heart, I swear it wanted to blast out of my chest. 

Then she started to speak, "I think .. we should get some sleep." 

I looked at her, searching for an emotion, or more accurately, searching for an answer for the question WHY? Why did she just .. want to break the moment. 

She looked embarrassed, tucking her loose strands of  hair behind her ears. I smiled, I can wait. I will wait. And this is probably not the right moment, yet. 

I smiled wide, so she would understand that she doesn't need to be embarrassed and it was okay. 

I stood up first and extended my arm. She grabbed it and I helped her stand up. We started making our way up the staircases. It was very steep, and very high. 

She was walking ahead of me when I said, "Woah, these steps are so steep." 

She chuckled and faced me, "Why? Are you afraid of heights?"

I looked back at the steps below, looked back at her and said, "Uhuh." 

"But you did the zip line with me remember?" she said.

"I only did that so I'll get to know you"  I replied.

She chuckled, "There's no such thing as fear of heights. Only fear of falling." She then poked my shoulder. I almost lost my balance. Good thing I grabbed the railings. She was laughing so hard. 

"HA HA HA" I sarcastically said. "So, do you have a fear of falling then?" 

She nodded and bit her lip.

I shook my head. "You shouldn't." 

She had a curious look on her face. "And why is that?"

I looked at her and grinned before saying, "Because I'll always be there to catch you."

I saw red streaks forming on her face. She then bit her lips and turned around to walk up. 

She quickly reached the top ahead of me. She then faced me again. She grinned and then said, "Good, because I am already falling." 

My smile reached my ears. She smirked and ran into her room. I walked up stairs with a goofy grin feeling like a champion.