Chapter 10

AN: Hello! Thanks for the votes and comments! Short chapter, but really really sweet. I swear. I hope you like it! x A

LOUIS' POV 

I must look like a fool, grinning from ear to ear. But I didn't care. I get to spend more time with her. I take another glance at Effy, and I could see her laughing from one of Niall's jokes. Every time I look at her, it's always a picture perfect moment for my eyes. 

And no, it's not because she looks like Hazel. It's how she made me see the differences between them. It's how she's starting to help me let go of the past, with out her even knowing it. 

Her head then turned to me, and looked at me questionably as if asking if everything is alright. 

I shook my head. "No." 

She pouted. "Why not?"

"Everything is perfect." I said looking straight at her eyes.

I saw her cheeks gain a tint of red, which I always thought was adorably cute. 

Then the table vibrated for a bit, as if someone slammed it. We all jumped a bit on our seat. I turned around to see Emily's hand on the table, opened wide. So, she was the one who slammed it. Her face was all serious for a nine year old. 

"Emily!!" Effy and Effy's mom shouted at the same time. 

I looked at Harry clueless and he just shrugged with the same clueless expression as well. 

She suddenly stood up and pushed away her seat slowly. Then, her head turned to me. I honestly got scared a bit, she had those eyes that would throw daggers at you. 

"Louis Tomlinson, may I please talk to you outside?" She said like she was a 33 year old business woman. 

I honestly want to chuckle with her actions, but she looks a bit serious. 

"Emily, what's wrong with you?!" Effy said next to me looking very frustrated at Emily.

I patted Effy's arm lightly. "It's okay, I got this." I said then smiled at her. She smiled back uneasily and nodded her head. 

I stood up from my seat and said, "Excuse me guys." 

I faced Emily but she was already trotting ahead of me. Before I knew it, she was out the door. Before going out to follow her, I turned back at the table and said, "Are you sure she's nine years old?" 

The boys chuckled. Effy answered, "She's crazy, forgive her." 

-----------

As I went outside, I saw Emily sitting on one of the two seater benches at the deck. She was looking straight at me as I made my way sitting next to her. 

As I sat down I asked with a nice tone, "So, what's up Emily?" 

She then huffed and turned to face me, "Even if I'm like totally in love with you guys, I'll always put being a little sister first."

I knitted my eyebrows. What was she talking about? "Um, Ems, enlighten me.."

She crossed her arms and sternly said, "Don't hurt my sister."

I was caught by surprised. And I was actually choking on my own saliva not knowing what to say to this nine year old.

"It's so obvious that you like her." She continued.

"How'd you even -" I started to say.

"Ssh." She cutted me. I zipped my lips and let her continue.

"I know you like her. And you should promise me you won't ever hurt her." She said putting out her pinky finger.

I chuckled. Effy has an adorable sister. I grinned  and took my pinky finger and crossed it with hers. 

She giggled. "And if you hurt her, I swear I would doodle a black hole on your teeth in all of my One Direction posters!!"

I chuckled and pretended to look offended. "You wouldn't do such a thing!" 

Of course she took it seriously, and she put on a triumphant look. "I would." 

I patted her head. "You're a good sister, Em." 

She grinned. "No, I'm not. Effy is the good one, so she doesn't deserve any bad things to happen to her." 

See, it's like everyone makes Effy sound so perfect. Why wouldn't I fall for her? 

I poked Emily on her shoulders. "So, do you think she likes me?" 

Emily fuzzed her eyebrows, "Hm, I think so. She's not as cranky as before." 

I chuckled. And she continued, "She's happy now. Like with the whole big smiley face. It's been gazillions of years the last I've seen her with a smiley face!" Emmy said with hand gestures when she said gazillions of years. 

Do I make her happy, like she makes me happy? I grinned at myself. 

Emily jumped off the seat and said, "I'll go finish my sandwich now."  And she started to make her way back into the dining room. 

"Wait!" I said. Emily turned around looking impatient. 

"How did you know? That I liked her?" I asked. 

And with her cute little voice she answered so casually, "I see the way you look at her. It's like how dad used to look at mom." 

And she smiled sweetly and sincerely before going on her way. I stood there dumbfounded. She was nine, and she notices this stuff? And how she can easily bring up the topic of her late dad. 

I faced the ocean and let the cool breeze hit my face. Do I really look at her that way? Her image then appeared in my mind. Of course I would look at her that way. With Effy, it's just impossible not to.