Chapter 23

The next day, Louis took me out on the streets of Savannah. Only the two of us under this bright sunny weather. We both were trying not to think about my sickness, but the more we think about not thinking about it, the more we actually think about it. (lol i hope you get this hahah) I still feel the occasional prick on my ribs, and sometimes I cough like an old person, but so far I don't feel weak. Tomorrow is my doctor's appointment to asses the treatments for my condition. Psh, treatments meaning injecting chemicals in my body to make me live a little longer. 

I felt my hands being squeezed tighter. I faced Louis and almost catched my breath at the sight of him. The sun was hitting his face perfectly, he seemed like a god decending from heaven. To add to that, he flashed that adorable smile of his. Things like those make the pain a little less felt. 

"You seem spaced out. Are you okay?" He asked me.

I nodded and kissed him on his lips. Even if it was brief, it felt like a lifetime for me. 

I saw small tint of red on his face. "Woah, what was that for?" 

I grinned and said, "For everything." 

He then picked me up, spun me around and pecked my lips all at once. I was fleeting without a doubt. I couldn't stop grinning when he placed me down. 

I heard a camera click, but I didn't mind it. All I could think about was that moment. 

"What was that for?" I teased. 

"Just to let you know that you are my everything." He said then smirked. 

Now it was my turn to blush. He chuckled and kept pinching my cheeks. "I made you blush!! I made you blush!!" 

I stuck my tongue out at him and he just returned the favor. 

Then we heard another camera click. Our heads turned and we saw a guy in his mid 30's holding on to his camera then looking at the photo of Louis and I which he just shot. 

He then looked at us and shyly said, "I am sorry.. I really had to take those shots." 

Louis crossed his arms and asked the man, "Are you a paparazzi?"

The man abruptly shook his head, "No! No! I am just a guy who loves taking pictures."

I chuckled a bit, "Of strangers?" 

He shook his head again. "I'm really sorry for taking that shot.. it's just that.." He looked at us and smiled before continuing, "It's so rare to capture love on the camera, you know? When I saw you guys, I just had to take that shot. I had to take a picture of what love is, and I found it in you two." 

I hugged the man, which caught him by surprise. I didn't care, he just made my day. After a few more small talk with him, Louis and I went along the park and sat down in one of the benches. I closed my eyes and took in the fresh air, the birds chirping and the cool wind hitting my face. As I opened my eyes, I saw that the sky had a tint of orange as the sun was setting. It was beautiful.

"Is it just me or does having leukemia make me appreciate more the little things in life?" I asked Louis who was also staring at the sunset. 

He shrugged.

I face palmed my self. "Oh right you wouldn't know you don't have leukemia." 

He then took my hand and started playing with our fingers. "You don't have to have leukemia to notice the little things in life. I think that when you just pause for a bit, pause for all the things you do in your daily life, and step back and look at what's around you.." 

He then looked at me with those heart warming eyes. ".. you'll see the beauty in everything." 

I sighed. "I wish this stupid cancer didn't exist at all."