Chapter 5

I felt like I was in the twilight zone, or whatever they call it. It's just so, unreal. I picked up the photo again and looked closely. The only difference between Hazel and I was our hair and our lips. Hazel's hair was straight, unlike mine naturally wavy. And her bottom lip is visibly pouty, while mine is thin. Aside from those, I guess we could be considered twins. Especially when you look at our eyes, same shape, same shade of blue. The shape of our head is the same, and our figure too. 

Great, now I will be forever the shadow of Louis' misery haunting him everytime I look at him. 

Hearing Harry's story on how Louis' dealt with everything that happened with Hazel brought tears to my eyes. Somehow, it pained me knowing that he had gone through all of that. I had to talk to him. 

I started to stand up from the rocks where we were sitting at. Harry noticed my sudden movement, and he stood up as well. Once he stood up, I hugged Harry, which caught him by surprise, but he hugged back. 

"What was that for?" he asked smiling. 

"For finally clearing things up. Thanks Harry." I said smiling back.

We made our way down the rocks and Harry was heading back to the place we were staying at. As we arrived at our spot, I see three sleeping boys. They were all lying down on some palm tree leaves and they covered themselves with a sail boat cover which someone probably left. Zayn was hugging Niall, Niall's legs over lapping Liam's body and Liam's mouth drooling. I laughed at this site.

Harry chuckled, "Told you these boys were animals." 

I looked around and saw that Louis was not there. I frowned and looked towards the forest. I really need to talk to him. I started taking my first step into the forest when a hand grabbed me and pulled me back.

"Where do you think you're going?" Harry whispered. 

"I have to find Louis." I replied not looking back. 

Harry moved so that he was now face to face with me. He held the sides of my face and said in a gentle voice, "Be back in an hour, okay?  The sun is about to set."

My heart melted on how cute he looks. Gah, stop it Effy. I nodded and he stepped aside to let me continue.

Making my way inside the forest was a challenge. It was like every turn was just trees, rocks, trees. I felt my stomach grumble and remembered it has been a while since I ate. I was about to turn around thinking this was hopeless until I heard the sound of waves crashing. That's when I knew I was near the other side of the island. I quickened my pace for I was getting scared. To add to that, I heard the sky rumble. Uh oh, looks like it is going to rain. 

I pushed the last piece of leaf blocking my way, and as I looked onward I saw Louis sitting on the sea shore, throwing some rocks back into the ocean. 

For some reason, my heart decided to speed up. Why does this happen every time I see him? 

I was walking carefully behind him, but I guess he sensed my presence. His head turned around, and his eyes widened. He stood up, and the next thing I knew he was marching towards me, not pleased. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked. He then looked behind me as if waiting for someone else to pop out from the forest. "And alone?! Are you out of your mind?! That forest was like a complicated mess you could have gotten lost!" He added. 

"I wanted to talk to you." I said looking at my feet. 

I heard him sigh. "And it couldn't wait for tomorrow?" 

This time my head popped up to look at him straight in the eyes. "How would I know you'd talk to me tomorrow?" 

This silenced him. He then turned his back to me, and he made his way back to the sea shore. I caught up with him and pulled his hand so he'd turn back to me. 

"I know about Hazel." I said. He was clearly surprised.

"How'd you.." He started to ask.

"Harry told me. And I saw .. her. From a photo, and now I know why .. " I gulped before saying, "Why you can't look at me without being .. hurt." I finally ended.

His eyes were cold, his body was tense. I must have hit a nerve. All of the things Harry told me on how Louis coped with her sickness and death came back to me, and I felt hurt for him again. With all my courage I grabbed his hand and held it tightly.

"I'm really sorry with what happened. It must have been hard--"

Louis immediately pulled back his hand and scoffed at me. I was surprised by his actions, and by what he was about to say next.

"Stop pitying me, you don't know what it feels like." He sternly said. "And earlier, you making jokes about death, and know you're being sorry huh?" He added.

He was now closer to me, we were only inches apart. I started to back a little, afraid of how he looks when he speaks like this.

"Just go back to your perfect life. And don't pity me, and don't be sorry, because you don't know how it feels to loose the one you love and --"

I didn't make him finish and slapped him right across the face.  

Louis was shocked by just what happened, but I wasn't. I didn't regret doing it, and with that tears were falling down my eyes. 

"Shut up!! You're wrong!! I do know how it feels to loose someone I love." I say with all my heart, or what's left of it. 

"Three years ago, my dad died in a car accident. And I was with him, in the car. You don't know what it feels like to be with the one you love and three seconds later that person is dead beside you." I started wiping my tears, but they just kept flowing. I looked at Louis and his expression changed, though I don't know how to define it. 

"So clearly my life isn't perfect Louis!!" I say looking straight at him. "And I don't pity you. I care for you, but you keep pushing me away because I simply look like her."  

I turned my back and started to take my steps back to the forest. "And it hurts me because you can't get past that." 

And with that I ran. I ran into the forest, not knowing which way is which. Everything that is happening right now is to hard to for me to take. I felt rain drops starting to fall and getting heavier. I was still running, completely lost. The thunder was getting louder too. And I held my stomach as I felt it grumble. The rain was too heavy for me to walk any further. And the funny thing is, I can still feel my tears flowing. 

There will be no way that Louis' will look at me as Effy, he will always see me as someone who looks like his ex girlfriend. 

My body dropped to the ground, it was weak from all the running. I tried shouting for help a few times, but I doubt anyone would hear me. So instead, I curled my body on the ground letting the rain hit me. 

My eye lids were also getting heavier, and as I try to open it, my vision was getting blurrier. If I thought I was lucky to escape that cave earlier, I spoke to soon. This was how I was surely going to die. 

When my eyelids were giving up on me, I heard a faint voice of someone calling out my name. I also heard feet shuffling closer to me. 

"Effy!! Effy!!" The voice went. 

"Louis.." I croaked out. I tilted my head with all the strength I had, and I saw a blurred vision of a man against all the rain drops pouring. 

"Oh god .. Effy." Was the last thing I heard before I passed out.