Chapter 3

I felt the cool breeze of the wind hit my face. It stung, but Louis storming out hurt even more. I mean, I know we just met today, but how he walked out on me, and he didn't even want to look at me after I removed my sunglasses. I must be really ugly.

My head turned to face the other four boys. They were all talking like they don't know what to do. So, I started walking away, with my head down. 

"Effy wait!" Harry called out. He came near me and offered me a smile. I tried my best to smile back.

"Look, I'm sure Lou just had .. umm .. had a sudden tummy ache. I mean, he always has those umm.. sudden outbursts." He turned back at the three boys and asked, "Right?" 

They all nodded uncomfortabley. I know they were just covering up the truth. Niall even tried to put on a fake grin that made him just look so funny. Even with a heavy boots, I found myself giggling at these guys. 

"You know, you guys are really bad actors. Just stick to singing." I said smirking at them.

"Hey we're not acting!" Liam said defensively. 

I just shook my head and gave my last chuckle. "Thanks for trying to make this situation .. lighter. It was nice meeting you, but I think I should head back." I forced a smile and turned around on my way to my room.

"Hold on." Harry said catching up again. He spun me around, and I could see that he can see sadness and confusion written all over me. "At least let me take you to your room, okay?" 

"You really don't have to Harry.." I said, my voice trailing off. 

"But I want to, and I'm sure Louis wouldn't want you to go there alone." He said looking sternly at me. 

"And how are you so sure of that?" I mumbled looking at my feet.

His hands then cupped my chin and lifted it so our eyes met. Wow, he had amazing green orbs.

"I've never seen him this happy for a very long time, and I am not going to let you go away and take away the happiness that I know the two of you  get from each other." 

I was dumbfounded. I just bit my lip, not knowing what to say. But in my mind all I could think about was, Wow, Harry knows deep shit. 

 "Look straight into my eyes and say you didn't feel a pinch of happiness with him earlier. Forget that it has only been a day, or even hours less than a day. If you didn't, then go I'll let you walk by yourself. But if you did, please give him another chance. Just .. "

"I'll take the chance." I blurted. Harry then grinned and nodded. It's true, I did feel happy today. Happiest I've ever been in a long time. Now lingering in my mind was the thought that Louis hasn't been happy for a long time. Why? It really doesn't seem like that. 

Liam, Niall and Zayn then walked nearer to Harry and I. "I'll be taking her to her room." Harry said. The boys nodded. "Good night hugs?" Zayn said while wiggling his eyes. 

"I don't really do hugs with .. strangers." I say trying to be polite. I really don't! They all stared at me like I'm crazy.

"You know, a million girls would kill for your spot." Zayn added teasingly. "And wouldn't you want to hug this amazing body?" He said while flexing some of his muscles.

I laughed and said, "Okay, only this time." I hugged him, and the rest of the guys.

As the three guys were walking away, I looked at them, and at Harry and thought that Louis and the rest of them do make good friends. 

Making our way to my room was a bit silent. I still have those thoughts floating in my mind. What happened earlier? It was just so confusing. I thought we were having a good time and then.. Ugh this is so frustrating.