Forty-Two

Last chapter and next, the epilogue. I'm getting emotional just thinking of the ending of this fic, mostly for the fact this this is the last of my original fics that I started a couple of years back and having this fic finished and over and done with is like moving on to the next era of fics and books.

This is also my last Lilo book, which is also the scary thing. I'm moving on from One Direction based ships/fics and onto Bandom related fics. A new era of fics!

Enjoy!

"What are you all pouty about?"Zayn slumps onto the sofa beside a very much pouting Louis, a bowl of popcorn in Zayns hands and feet tucked up his bum as he snatches the remote control out of Louis' limp hands. He frowns when Louis picks no fights or kicks up a fuss, mostly because Louis can be very possessive over the television, especially when his favourite reality shows are on, programmes that Zayn and Liam both despise for their stupidity but Louis strangely  loves.

"What?"

"Pouty. The act of pouting dramatically and making it known that you're pouting and mad about something. Pouty."Zayn makes a show of poking at Louis' bottom lip which is still poked out in his pout, something that makes Louis suck his lip in and for his forehead to crease with an angry type of frown.

"I'm not being pouty."

"Of course not. My mistake."Zayn rolls his eyes, settling into the comfy sofa and flicking through channels, trying to find a good film or tv show to watch for the evening. Harry is away on a business trip, leaving the submissive on his own for the rest of the week until his return which doesn't bother Zayn. He likes to be on his own even if he does miss Harry an awful lot, but he's been left rules to follow and they facetime every night.

Liam, however, is currently upstairs, locked away in his office with a bunch of other members of his gradually growing gang. He'd sent Louis down the stairs an hour before, confiscating the submissives laptop as part of a further punishment from earlier that week and telling him not to bother him until the meeting was over. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that's what Louis is pouty about.

"I don't see why he has to be all grumpy and have a stick up his arse the minute that his work colleagues walk on our property. It's like he's two completely different people."Louis finally grumbles after a good 20 minutes of sitting stiff as a board, glaring at the television.

"He's a gang leader, Louis. He can't be all lovey dovey like he is around you, he has to show authority and be ruthless, not all buttery and weak."

"It's not fair!"

"Look, you've been spending way too much time with Liam lately."

"No I haven't-"

"Sub might."Zayn talks over him, use to Louis' stubbornness and not backing down easily. Louis' mouth snaps close with a click of his teeth, face set in a way that almost suggests Zayn to continue."Just us two and Niall."

"Doing what?"

"I don't know, watch films, eat crap, talk shit."Zayn shrugs his shoulders, throwing an arm around Louis' shoulders and visibly feeling the way that Louis' tense shoulders seem to unwind at the weight of Zayn's arm, melting into his side with a heavy sigh."You're all winded up, and it'll be good for us all to have some quality submissive time without our dominants looming over our heads."

"I'll ask Liam."Louis' entire body seems to yawn with him as he does, body leaning heavily onto Zayn.

"You do that, babe."Zayn is chuckling because he knows that Louis won't ask Liam until very last minute and he makes himself a mental reminder to ask Harry to tell Liam about submissive night, not only for him to be informed but to get Liam out of the house as well. As much as it's good for a submissive and dominant to be together, to always be together isn't good for their mental minds or their relationship.