Chapter 16// You Were Eavesdropping

Please check out my new book It Was Just A Dare!!!

This chapter idea is also from BellaBlue856 well, most of it. Thanks for the positive input Bella!

Thank you pinkyrosejem for the great banner! I just freaking love it!

I told you I wasn't going to leave you with a 600  word chapter for long! So this chapter will be really and I mean really long!

TRIGGER WARNING. Attempted Suicide.

~~~~*~~~~

He looks over at without any emotion and quickly goes to take his seat. I curious my eyebrows as a million questions make its way to me. The class continues on without me noticing I spent the whole entire time staring at Jace.

When the bell rings I rush to him, "where were you?"

"None of your business Ashley," he says through his teeth growling. I jump back not expecting the sudden burst of anger and quickly nod. If he's back can Kimber possibly be back?

By the time I got to lunch I got:

3 "It's none of your business Ashley."

9 "Stop bothering me."

We were walking out of our third-period classroom to make our to the cafeteria when I see Jace in the hallway and decide to ask him again. "Hey, Jace." He looks at me through the corner if his eye and continues walking with his headphones in his ears listening to something.

I rush up to him again feeling a bit stalkerish, "Why aren't you answering me?"

He yanks off his headphones, "Has it occurred to you that maybe I don't want to talk to you so you shut fucking shut your mouth?"

Okay, I wasn't expecting that. "No, I'm sorry," I squeak and quickly round the corner to other cafeteria and sit at my usual spot now in between Bryce and Lindsey and in front of Trace. I see Jace come into the cafeteria and all eyes turn to him. He makes eye contact with me which clearly says don't bother me.

He sits down next to Bryce while everyone at our table quickly looks at him. Keith and Hannah switch places so that the girls are on one side and the guys are in the other. Jace starts talking to the guys quietly.

Every once in a while they turn to look at me then start talking again. Hannah and Lindsey are engrossed in some conversation. So that's how my days have been going for the past two days. I've been giving the guys a lot of space and doing what I would have done if they weren't there.

I was currently trying to stay still while Lindsey and Hannah were crowding around me wiping egg goo off my face. I was attacked by Sam and his friends with eggs while I was walking through an outside hallway to my French class.

Once we get most of it off me, Lindsey walks to French as Hannah splits up with us and goes to her sixth-period class. When we walk we sit at our seats next to each other at the very back of the class. I see that the smart board is paused at the beginning of some French movie.

I also have this class with Trace and Jace. They sit two rows of seats in front of us. Throughout the movie, I see Jace get out of the classroom and once because of a phone call. Which our French teacher never lets us do.

What's bothering him?

I know I realize like some clingy friend who needs to know everything but it's really getting on my nerves how the guys keep learning things about me but never tell me anything about them.