Chapter 17// Pickles Are Good For The Skin

A/N: TRIGGER WARNING. Attempted Suicide.

~~~~*~~~~

I stand there sputtering at Jace's sudden outburst. I thought that I had to bug him a bit more to get the truth.

"I didn't-" I start.

"Of course you didn't, only our family knows. I was planning on telling the guys tomorrow." Five. My shock.  I never even thought of the fact that he and skimmer were siblings. They didn't have the same last name, nor did they look alike so they must be step.

Before I could say anything else Jace wiped his tears with the sleeve of his shirt and was out of the door. I spend a minute reading over the note in my hand and looking at the Homework. I look at the bottom of the page and see a question that I answered scribbled out.

Do you recommend yourself for this role?

No.

     I try to pity Kimber like a good person would but I can't. I try to work up the guts to go visit her all through out the rest if the day that I can't even focus on school. What would I say when I saw her?

     "Yeah Kimber, I'm sorry you tried to kill yourself from the guilt of making me feel bad?"

I came up with this one while eating pizza:

"I'm sorry your horrible aim made miss your one way flight to see your sister."

After that I had a break down and had to go the entire time getting bothered by people asking me if I was PMSing. Jace didn't look in my direction that day neither did any of the guys which started freaking me out, did they blame it on me or something?

I really feel bad about Kimber I really do, and Jace and the rest of the guys haven't done anything to make me feel better which I don't except them to but the silent treatment isn't really what I was expecting.

Kimber was with Jace when I walked in. I quickly back away while Jace isn't looking and had his back turned. Kimber's blue eyes met mine, she was was shaking her eyes. She looked depressed with her sickly looking green face with purple bags under her eyes. One of her eyes twitch and she keeps repeating something under her breath the name of her sister.

     I back away slowly and out of the door, Kimber stays silent her left eye twitching. That's when someone grabs me on the shoulders and walks me back in. "Go ahead Ash go talk to Kimber," someone says their breath tickling my ear.

     Jace turns around, when he see's his eyes dodge over to Trace behind me, "you had to bring her?"

     "Well she had to be brought."

     I roll my eyes look back over at Kimber, "hi Ashley." Her voice seems frail and sad, not a hint of hate like it was a few weeks ago. I smile a bit not knowing how to react. She slowly tilts her head over to Jace, "can I talk to Ashley alone."

     "You sure?"

     "Yeah I missed her. Pretty please?"

     I furrow my eyebrows together, Jace only nods and walks backwards towards the door when he gets closer to me his shoulder bumps into me and he whispers, "don't hurt her feelings she's been getting worse."

Before I can respond he and Trace walk out if the door leaving Kimber. Kimber motions me to come towards her flopping her back and forth. I shrug and dig in the hospital bed next to her. "I didn't find Meagan Ashley. I tried to forget her but I couldn't do I tried leaving to find her instead," Kimber sighs and starts playing with the black bands that hold her wrists so she can't hurt herself. "I'm not going to see her anytime soon am I?" That makes choke a bit on air.

"No Kimber, I'm sorry."

"No! I'm sorry I-I" she starts breathing had and thrashing in her bed. I get off the bed quickly. Tears start coming down her face, "I'm sorry!"

"Jace!" I scream not knowing what to do.

    Trace and Jace run back into the room with a nurse trailing behind them Kimber is still yelling I'm sorry. Trace grabs my hand and starts pulling me out the door while Jace is with the nurse trying to calm her down.

     "What did you say?" Trace asks acting surprisingly calm. We're in the waiting room out side of Kimber's hospital bed, I hear Kimber screaming but I can't see anything because the doors shut.

     "She asked me if she would see Meagan again and I said 'no, I'm sorry. So she started screaming and saying 'no I'm sorry'."

     Trace nods, "mhmm." He puts his index finger on his chin and squints his eyes, "now did she say anything else that should be brought to our attention like any threats to you or herself about self harm?"

     I narrow my eyes at him, "no."

     "Food."

     "What?"

     "She needs food."

     "What?"

     "Kimber needs food."

     "I understand, but why?"

     "Because she's hungry."

     "How do you know that?"

     "Because that's what Keith does when he's hungry. He starts yelling."

     "And your telling me this because?"

     "I need you to come with me to get her food."

     "Why me?"

     "Jace doesn't what you to stay here."

    "Why?"

     "Stop asking questions!"

     "Why?"

     "NO," I hear Kimber scream, "PICKLES ARE GOOD FOR THE SKIN!"

     "Oh, well that's nice," Jace says. He walks out of the room and glares at me, what's his problem?

~~~~*~~~~

Hi!

Bye.

COMMENT AND VOTE

-Hatay46