Chapter 26// You Say Whaaaa

Hello I am in the car, we are driving we'll arrive to our destination in two hours. I don't know when you'll find this note but remember Sophia I will tackle you to the ground on the first day of school(our tradition). I know this sounds like one of those letters we wrote at school in ELAR after reading a Long Walk To The Water.

Bye Soph!(yes I called you that)

Lets get this started!

I found this picture at some seafood restaurant Bubba Gump! (The location isn't really where we were, it's just a replica of a car plate so that all of them say it.)

  0(•_•)0
   / /.  \\
      |.  |
//.       \\

(I don't know what ^ is but I'm going to put it here 'cause I want to)
~~~~*~~~~

     "I haven't finished!" I cry standing on my tip toes but Bryce had already disappeared into the kitchen and shut the door behind him. I huffed, and rude.

     I started to turn toward the hallway where I'd let Jace and Keith, when I heard the squeaking noise of the door open again and I hear Bryce say, "you can't blame me if Hannah trusted me not to break her heart, Ashley. I'm a player and one girl isn't going to change that."

     "She's not the only one who trusted you," I whisper.

     I turn around to see if he's listening but he wasn't he was in the kitchen with the door closed again. I sigh and run through the hallways until I bump into a hard body in front of me.

     The person puts there hands on my shoulder's and pushes me back as I'm greeted with green eyes, "so did you speak to him?"

     "If you call screaming in the top of your lungs, and cussing," I shiver, "speaking than yes, I did speak to him."

     "What did he say?"

     I look over at Keith and Lindsey who are also eagerly listening in, "uh-." I stutter not knowing wether or not to say anything. "He said nothing," I finally lie. "Yep. Nothing. He just walked right back into the kitchen saying something about cookies."

    "We're just going to go help Trace calm her down," Keith says swinging an arm around Lindsey's shoulders. He turns his head and looks me in the eye and mouths, "her hair smells like mangos!"

    I force a smile as Keith turns head back and tilts the side of his face into Lindsey's hair and leads her to the living room,

    "You're lying," Jace states with a frown.

     I turn to quickly becoming dizzy. I face Jace who's leaning against the wall with his arms crossed against his chest.

     "You say whaaa?"

     "What did he say, Ashley?"

     "He made fun of me, when I freaked out about cussing," I pout.

     "Well that isn't nice," Jace mocks. "What else did Bryce say?"

      "His cookies were burning."

      "But I love cookies!" He whined.

      I throw my hands up into the air, "I know right!"

     Jace looks me stair in the eye, "Ashley this is the last time I'm asking nicely, Ashley? What did Bryce say involving Hannah or anyone else."

     "Well he was talking about m-" Jace cuts me off.

     "Ashley! I swear I'm going to tell your parents where you are!"

     "And have them yell at me," I reply.

    We both stay silent for a second and Jace buries his head in his hands, "you still remember that?"

     I simply nod.

     Jace sighs, "I'm really sorry. I was just stressed out when Kimber went to the hospital and I-I'm sorry."

     I purse my lips and nod again.

     "Is that a 'yes Jace your forgiven we can be besties again'?" He says in a high pitched squeaky voice.

      I slap his arm playfully, "I don't sound like that."

      Hey chuckles, "yes you do."

     I glared at him and crossed my arms across my chest, "no I don't."

     "Whatever helps you sleep at night sweetheart."

     I roll my eyes, "you mean banana."

     "What?"

     I smirk, "now we're even we're both hiding more than one thing from each other."

     "What do you mean," Jace asks.
                     "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Bryce eating my homework, how you know Tyson. Why you have a huge room filled up with suitcases that are filled with plans, and why have police shown up here more than once."

     Jace frowns, "if we're playing twenty questions I'm going first."

     I roll my eyes, "go ahead."

     "What's your biggest fear?"

     "I thought that when you meant questions you meant ones that really mattered," I say earning a glare from Jace.

     "Just answer the question, Ashley."

      I sigh, "fine. It's not being able to know everything and being clueless."

     Jace starts laughing and not just regular laughing, I mean on the floor crying laughing. I cross my arms and tap my foot on the ground, Jace becomes quieter. "Are you done yet?"

      "Not yet," Jace says clutching his stomach and starts to laugh again.

     "You know what," I say to myself. I take off one of my Uggs and throw it at him. My shoe hits him in the stomach causing him to groan.

     "I deserved that."

~~~~*~~~~

Sorry about the boring chapter. This is just a filler, I'm currently busy with my social life BUT I still fulfilled my promise and updated on Wednesday, Today.

Adios!

Comment and Vote❤️

-Hatay