Epilogue

"If I go to St. John's-"

"YOU'RE GOING?!"

I sigh, I'd already confronted my parents about wanting to go to St. John's with Lindsey, and Hannah. "No we want to you to go to Yale, or that place in New Zealand that you keep talking about" So now I just had to make them agree that New Zealand had everything that St. John's had.

"Yes, I'm going!"

Hannah drops her slice of pizza onto the floor and grips onto my arms and lets out a high pitched squeal. "You convinced your parents?"

"No, but I get to make my own decisions now. I'm eighteen-ish."

"Speaking of which, you need to choose what kind of cake you want for your Birthday," Lindsey says with a smile on her face. "I'm guessing chocolate cheesecake?"

"You know me too well."

Someone knocks on the door, "It's me."

I smirk, "hi me!"

Keith opens the door shooting daggers at me, "I don't like you when you're mean." He's followed inside with Trace, Bryce, and Jace.

I look over at Bryce, he doesn't make eye contact. All he does is lean against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest, his eyes look clouded.

It's been eating me up inside, knowing he's been abused. How am I just going to tell him that I know. I don't want to be pushy, but I don't want to be too distant either. I'm not mad that he kept it from me.

I understand.

If I was getting abused I wouldn't just tell someone.

For all I know, he could have been threatened not to tell.

He suddenly flicks his eyes towards me and looks away. He takes out is phone and seems concentrated on that.

My phone vibrates in my back pocket and I take it out, a text from Bryce.

meet me in the hallway, we need to talk.

Than another text.

i'm not ignoring you. i promise...

He's not even using an uppercase 'I'!

please Ashley. I know i've been distant lately, but i can explain.😏

I sigh and text him back.

It's I. I!!! Uppercase, you're being cringy.

I see him smile and quickly text back.

you responded, i knew u loved me...

I feel my face heat up.

Shut up. I'll meet you outside in the hallway.

😚see ya

stop🙄

I press the power button and put my phone to sleep, than shove it back into my pocket while hearing what Jace was talking about with Hannah.

"St. Johns! Omg! I'm going there!" He squeals in a high pitch voice, " I don't what to brag...but I got a art scholarship. Yeah. I paint."

"I need to go output," I say and make eye contact with Bryce before I walk out the door. I walk into the bathroom, and wait a minute or too, until Bryce arrives as well. I cross my arms over my chest. "So, what do you need to say?"

"I'm tired. Of this exactly. I stole your first kiss, and we're going to pretend like we're just friends. You asked me to make you end up with me for payback. Even though I don't understand how. All I want is to be with you."

I fall silent.

"And I know you said it was too late, but you didn't specifically say no. So I don't really no if we're dating or not. That's why I haven't been talking to you. I didn't know what to say. I had to get the guts and the words that I was going to say with you. So," he rocks back and forth on his feet.

"I've taken a student loan."

He pauses to see my reaction. I just stare at him texting to process what he's saying.

"So since you've decided to go to St. John's. I thought...why not. I can go too. I've always wanted to be an engineer. So, maybe we could go together. If you answer this one question. I'm going to ask you. No pressure. Will you please. Please. Please. Be my girlfriend?"

I look at him in shock. Bryce is going to college with me, if I answer yes. Yeah no pressure. Butterfly's flutter around in my stomach as I look at the ground.

"Yes."

"I understand." Bryce sniffles and turns around and walks out of the bathroom, leaving me confused. I run out after thin to see him at the end of the hallway walking down the stairs with his shoulder's sulking.

"Bryce!"

"You don't have to rub it in y'know." He mumbles with a hoarse voice.

I run down the stairs after him and grab his arm, "I said yes."

"DON'T MESS WITH MY FEELING I KNOW YOU HATE-wait? You said yes. You said yes. Ashley you said yes!" He grabs onto my arms and jumps up and down. "You said yes! YES!"

He gives me a hug and Burris his face in my neck.

I hear him mumble, "I'm the luckiest guy in the world."

~~~~*~~~~

Guys, I'm done.

I'M SO HAPPY! Thank you for sticking with me through out the whole book! 

Read the next chapter to vote on the sequel's title.

-Hatay