Chapter 42// You're Like The Female Version Of Curious George

A/N: I have one thing to say to all of you! Read the book Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick! It's amazing!

"Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life."

-Goodreads

~~~*~~~

Tyson explained everything. And when I mean everything. Here's what he explained.

This man named Oliver owed Tyson money when he was a freshman in Highschool. Oliver is the leader of a small unpopular gang called The Paper Horse. They weren't very serious, they only had a few crimes, such as shop lifting inexpensive goods, or getting in a physical fight in alleys, where no one really got hurt. Oliver never payed it back even though he had thousands of dollars. During this time Oliver started becoming more popular among the gangs in our area. Police payed more and more attention to the fights that soon also included shootings. Oliver was arrested and when he was finally let out he found out that Bryce had been abused by his father. Bryce's father was in debt to Oliver for drugs. Oliver took this chance to take Mr. Anderson's money and sent him to jail for Child abuse.

Now Bryce owed Oliver, as sick as sick as it sounded, Oliver had saved nine year old Bryce from his father. The deal was that Bryce would do everything Oliver said including all of Oliver's dirty work. Bryce would do so until he went of to college. If he didn't do as Oliver requested, Oliver would take his life or his future. Tyson didn't go on with what his futre was. One night, Oliver asked Bryce to go to a meeting discussing how he would pay back the hundreds of dollars Oliver had owed Tyson. Tyson was only in his senior year, and Bryce was a junior. Tyson had expected to negotiate with Oliver so he went with Lincoln, one of Tyson's friends. They came armed with a kitchen knife(that's where my Christmas present for mom had gone.) Bryce came, not even scared. Lincoln thought it was another gang member and tried beating Bryce up. However, Bryce completely messed Lincoln up and broke three of his limbs. The funny thing was; Tyson was impressed. He asked Bryce why he was working for Oliver and he said that he owed him. Of course, Tyson thought this was stupid. He told Bryce that he'd keep him safe if he would sneak information about Oliver to Tyson and he agreed.

Then Tyson explained to me what happened tonight. Apparently Bryce hadn't been finding enough time to finish everything Oliver asked of him. He would usually finish everything, because he skipped school. But for some very odd reason he wasn't. Bryce hadn't missed a day of school to do Oliver's tasks in months. Ironically, it started the moment Bryce met me. Oliver thought I was distracting him too much so he should get me out of his life. Bryce refused over and over again. He than took me to Prom. Oliver had his last straw and shot him tonight. He was going to kill me, as if taking away his future. Bryce had told Tyson he was going to ask me and, and even been sincere by asking for a blessing. Yes! Bryce asked for a blessing. Not what you were expecting was it? Tyson had agreed take watch, making sure Oliver wouldn't show up. Bryce told Tyson to make Ashley his first priotiy. So, when Oliver came Lincoln took me to my brother.

"So what's going to happen to Bryce? He was shot!" I start panciking. "SHOT!"

"Ashley. Calm."

"He's shot! And you just left him there!" I cry. "Than you lock me up here? What's the point of that anyway? I'm not some kind of criminal!"

"It was Lincolns idea. He likes to go proffesional with these things," He says giving me his hand.

"What's going to happen now?" I whisper, suddenly scared of what might come next. I just saw my...boyfriend... Get shot. I don't know how to react to this.

Tyson's face forms into a war, smile. "You're like the female version of curios George."