Chapter 45// Hello Me

📓Ashley's POV📓

I hear things collapse in the alley, followed by bone chilling screams, then , I saw Tyson running out of the place. He yanked open the door and screamed at Lincoln to start the car.

Throughout the whole thing, I was sitting in the back seat, as they speeded out. I felt incredibly, and utterly useless. I felt like they were hiding something, and it angered me. Whenever I asked them anything about when I could go back they ignored me.

Why do you always have this pit in your stomach when someone who love—like is hurting, but you have no power to stop it. I could practically sense my parents' slain of losing me. Or Lindsey, Hannah, Trace, Keith, Jace.

Even Bryce.

I could feel them missing me, as much as I missed them during the next week. My heart ached for each of them. Especially Bryce, I had no idea of he was okay or not, I mean bullets to his legs. I'd be surprised if he could walk again.

And through out this all, I was alone, in a two bedroom house. Tyson and Lincoln came every one in a while. Other time they just made up the same excuse, 'we have ''important" business to take care off.'

Over everything else, Bryce's phone was dead. I though of calling one of them, telling anyone I was okay. That ended the first day. There are no chargers here.

"Good news!" Is the first thing that Lincoln says when I open the door for him, "you're going if back."

"What?!"

"You heard."

I practically tackle him. I jump on him and give him a tight hug, "thank you thank you thank you thank you thank blue." I get tongue tied.

Lincoln wraps his arms around me in an awkward hug, than he pushes me off and I fall on my butt.

"Thank you."

"Yeah yeah," he tosses a greasy McDonalds bag at me. I catch it and look inside. "There are just Ketchup packets in here—opened Ketchup packets."

Lincoln shuts the door, "I might have finished everything while driving here."

"But I'm hungry..." I get up from the floor and dust myself off.

"Eat..." he walks into the kitchen and I hear him rummage through the empty refrigerator. "Er drink this." He comes back out with a beer bottle.

"I'm not having alcohol until next month."

"Next month?"

"I'll be eighteen."

Lincoln shrugs and takes a huge gulp of the beer and looks back at me, "Get in the car. I'm bringing you over to the guys house."

I stand between him and the door. "You've consumed alcohol. You can't get in the car. It's illegal. I'll drive."

He laughs, "I'm not drunk, it was only a sip of beer. Do you even know how to drive?"

My face turns pink. "Yes. No. Sorta."

He twirls his car keys in his hand. "I'm going to drive my car."