Chapter 2

Coming back home, well Victor's house, she slowly unlocked the door with the key Victor's mother had given her. She tried her best to make as less sound as possible to avoid waking up anyone at the early hours of the morning.

It's a Sunday!'. Darrel thought happily entering . 'Finally some rest and Dany time. '. She sighed sadly and climbed the stairs as discreetly as possible. Since she had earned a little more than usual , she thought of taking her brother for shopping. It had been a long time since she bought something for him.

Victor's family took good care of her and Dan but she made sure she used as little of their kindness as she could. Though she couldn't say anything to Dan. He was too small to understand, and Darrel wouldn't want to waste time doing that anyway.

After sleeping and breakfast, Darrel along with Dan and Victor made their way to the shopping mall and Victor started the money argument again. Darrel never accepted but he would always try.

He was well aware of her stubbornness but Victor tried nevertheless. Darrel always felt happy and sometimes she was even tempted to accept the money. But she would scold herself mentally and refuse the offer. Darrel had always wanted to be independent and this was her being independent.

Lost in thought she accidentally bumped into Victor and almost fell down. Laughing Victor asked if she was okay and she replied with a punch on his arm.

"Ouch, be merciful Miss Aggressive."

They continued on their way, but Darrel was lost in her thoughts again. She had noticed a person with a mask on behind a wall. She kept looking at the wall to see if she had actually seen the guy with a mask when he appeared again. And surprisingly he was looking straight at her. Uncomfortable she looked away and then looked at other other places where a person could hide. Again she saw a person with a mask looking straight at her. It was hard to tell if the person was the same one from before or not but it was a creepy person looking at her.

'Why and what would anyone want from me? Maybe I'm just imagining things? That's not even possible. What should i do though? I can't tell Victor and ruin Dan's day. I'll just find an excuse. Oh well, I already have one.'

"Hey, Victor..go to the mall will you? I will be back later. Manager's called me as the cafe has a lot of customers. Yeah. I have to go now. Sorry Dan."

"Hey wait, Dar-" Victor started but stopped short as Darrel kissed Dan on the cheek and ran off. Dan and Victor stood frozen for a few seconds before Dan started pulling Victor to go to the mall.

'Well, that was easy.' Darrel thought as she came to an abrupt stop. 'Uh oh, not so easy after all'she thought as she realized how stupid she had been to run off without looking where she had been doing.

Now she was surrounded with spies. They were seriously on every side of her except the path from which she had entered the circular ground. Cautiously she thought of returning back and that investigating was a really bad.

Slowly turning around she carefully walked until she stepped on a packet. The crushing sound broke the silence like a loud screech. All the masked people turned towards her and then a hand clamped her mouth.

She instinctively kicked back and struggled and then finally bit on the hand. The hand moved back and she turned around kicking and punching whatever was in front of her. She then started running and then bumped into a wall and fell down and then she looked up to see a large man grinning down at her. She quickly stood up only to be pulled back and her hands were caught and twisted back. A scream instantly escaped her lips and all the maniacs surrounded her. She screamed and kicked back but the guys were too strong.

She started crying as she realized that she would never win the fight and would never be able to see Dan again.

Victor had been really distracted the whole time they were at the mall. Even Dan had been really quiet and didn't buy anything.

Victor had a feeling of dread settle inside him as he thought of the possible reasons so as to why Darrel had lied and none of the thoughts helped his anxious state. He thought of following the way Darrel had ran, even though he had seen very little of the path she ran he still knew the direction.

So after Dan had bought some chocolates Victor went the way Darrel had went until he came to a fork in the path. Not knowing which one to choose he stood there for a while, that is, until he heard a girl crying.

He had never heard Darrel cry so he did't know if it was her but he walked towards the sound anyways. He stopped in horror as he saw two tall, bulky men carrying a girl who was crying and struggling.

He told Dan to wait and hide while he went towards the men. He went closer and realized that it was Darrel the men were carrying. Filled with rage he took a brick from the ground and threw at one of them and pounced on the other. The man who got a brick on his head fell down and had blood seeping out of the newly formed wound and the one Victor pounced on fell down too. Except this one had Victor on top of him and Darrel's feet underneath him.

Darrel screamed alerting Victor and he quickly stood up. But whatever he had planned couldn't commence as he was grabbed from behind. However Darrel's leg was removed just in time and Darrel tried her best to stand. With tears streaming down her face and blurry vision she finally stood up to see Victor fighting three men at a time.

She thought of looking around for something to help her when she saw Dan running towards her. Instantly she limped as fast as she could and picked him up looking around for an escape.

But before she could do that, the sound of a gun shot resounded the area and Darrel fell down, a new set of tears and cries escaping her.