Chapter 4

Darrel's  eyes fluttered open and she immediately felt a rush of pain flow through her. She was so stiff and after a while she realized that she was tied to a chair. The room was so dark that she had to take a while to adjust her eyesight. Looking around she realized why the room was dark and musty, it had no windows.

 'I mean, what do I expect? I'm kidnapped. I don't even know why I'm kidnapped. I can't give 'em money, they could probably tell that from my appearance- Oh my gosh! Dan and Victor! I hope Dan is safe. Victor, Oh I don't know. I really hope he's safe. If he isn't, it's all going to be on me. He came to save me and this is how I pay him? Ugh..I'm really sorry Victor. If only I did't come to the stupid hidden people. Who am I kidding? This is no time to blame myself. I have to get out. For the sake of both  Dan and Victor. But what do I do? It's not like I have a knife in my pocket to cut the rope nor do I have the key to get out the room nor does this room have any ventilators or windows. Fully planned kidnapping must I say. Well I technically escaped them but like the idiot I am I came back. I should have called someone. But I didn't even have a phone! Oh no! The hospital probably did though. How stupid am I?'

She was in thought when the door of the room was kicked open, startling her and snapping her out of her thoughts. 'Gosh, that was loud!' After a while, a small bulb just above Darrel lit. 'An investigation room?' A deep accented voice from behind her scared her as it spoke."Well well, the American is awake."

"I know right? I'm awake!" she faked enthusiasm as she spoke.

"Silence!" roared the person. "No one answers me back and gets away with it." Now his voice dropped and Darrel held in a breathe. He came in front of her and she was immediately scared of him.Unexpectedly, her hair were pulled and she almost screamed. "Now American, answer these questions and get your reward. Do not answer them and consequences shall be exercised."  

'Formal much.'

"What do you know about the S.S.A?"

"The what?" At the glare of the person in front of her she cowered and thought a little harder.

"Do you want the honest answer or the one that I can get away with?"

"HONEST!" the an was obviously angered from the starting and Darrel was just adding fuel to the fire.

"um, sorry.. I don't know anything about it"

"Really?"

"Yeah, that was the honest answer. I swear."

"Then what would have been your answer to get away with?" the man asked in amusement. Darrel started at him, 'Is he like bipolar or something?'

"Uh, it's an abbreviation?" she said sheepishly.

"Look here you little..- ugh, I want the answers t what I am asking. NO. JOKES. Or I won't hesitate to shoot you right here, right now."

Darrel gulped. "Honestly. I know nothing of the S.A.S."

"It's S.S.A. Okay, then if you nothing about them, then how is it that your little friend does?"

"My friend? Who?"

"Have no friends darling?"

"Oh! Hey! I do! I'm asking which one? And how should I know about whatever h- my friend knows about?

"Really now? Antonio, bring in that boy."

At Alberto's booming voice Antonio quickly rushed out of the room after muttering a small "Okay sir."

Darrel was nervously fidgeting and looking everywhere and around the whole room as if everything interested her and her head was filled with anxious thoughts, while Alberto stood directly in front of her smirking and staring at her intently.His stare  or a glare if to be termed correctly, was so intense that Darrel felt as if he was burning holes inside of her.

'Keep calm, keep calm, keep calm. Everything's gonna be okay. In the end you'll probably wake up and then this all will turn out to be a dream. Or if that doesn't happen, then at least  one day they all will die, and you will hopefully survive to witness it. No.. that's not something I wanna witness. Never. I don't even want them to die. I mean they kidnapped me and all, but if they are being a bad person I can be a better one and forgive them. And forget them to. Oh god! Why does he keep staring? And why I am hurting my eyes at this moment will remain forever unknown. Please don't let my ''friend'' be Victor. He's too good to be in this situation-'

Her train of thoughts is cut off as Antonio enters the room and soon Victor- a little beaten up, is brought in front of her. Her eyes become wide in horror as she stares at him.

"Now, still have cheeky replies young lady?"

"NO!" she screamed. "Leave him alone. He has nothing to do with that S.S.A. It's not just him. I too do not now anything about them and nor have I heard  that name before."

"Lies. All lies."

"No. You have to believe me! I'm just a normal girl. I don't even have a  job."

"Your parents are a part of S.S.A."

"No. They're not. I mean were not. They are not even alive any more."

"Then why do the documents of S.S.A. have your name in them? Huh? Answer me!"

"I don't know. What did the documents say about me? How are you sure that I'm the girl mentioned in the documents? Also my parents were involved with that S.S.A. whatever it is?"

"The documents say that you are Darrel Smith and your parents, Angelina Smith and Harold Smith are the top agents of  the Society of Secret Agents."

"Angelina? Harold? Smith? What the hell? That's not even my parent's name nor my surname! How can you just kidnap me like this? You had no idea or whatsoever of me?"

At this Alberto turned towards Antonio. Angered he shout out and it was so loud that even the unconscious Victor stirred in his state. Darrel stared in confusion and then that changed to horror as Alberto took out a gun and shot Antonio's leg.

"You always screw up your missions. What is wrong with you? All your practice missions had flaws in them. Not only that. Every time you do something, it's always wrong."  "NO!" she screamed as loud as she could wanting to break free and save him.

"Stop. Oi you Russian angry man. Stop. I don't know who you are. But please don't hurt him. He just did what you assign-"

"SHUT UP! This is none of your business! He's my man and he will have to work accordingly!"

Darrel sat back down quietly but still wanted to help the man. Why she wanted to help him even after he had practically ruined he already destroyed life she did't know. Maybe it was her heart that knew how much it pained to lose someone or maybe the illogical way her brain worked. She stared down at her lap quietly thinking until another voice appeared from behind her.

"We have Darrel Smith sir."