Chapter 10

"Run faster! You are too slow! Run as if there is a killer behind you!" Raymond shouted as he timed Darrel for the 5th time that morning.

"Not even a killer comes at 5 in the morning!" Darrel screamed back.

"Fine! Mad dogs are behind you! Run!"

"Dogs also sleep!"

"They are early risers."

"Explains why you are up."

"You are too!"

"Because of you!"

"Okay stop. Take a breath. Walk again. Then run when I tell you to."

"Again? I ran as fast as I could!" She stood beside him now, then bent down and took deep breaths.

"Your best says otherwise."

"Ugh! I hate you!"

"Don't worry. The feeling is mutual."

"Who said I was worrying?"

"Alright now. Walk."

Darrel huffed and started walking as fast as she could. Turns out you have to walk as fast as you can during training. And if you start running, start over.

"What's the point in walking fast though?"

"If there's someone behind you who you think is an enemy, and you can't run, you walk fast."

"But if you can walk fast, why can't you run?"

"To seem less suspicious."

"I don't get it."

"Think that you are in a shopping mall, if you run you will be followed by the security along with your enemy. They will think you stole something. But if you walk fast it would look like you are in a genuine hurry."

"I hate the fact that you have an explanation for everything!"

Raymond smiled to himself. "Alright, now jog."

Darrel started to run, but then slowed down.

"Jog?"

"Yeah."

"You didn't make me do that before."

"I might have forgotten."

"So you mean it's been your fault? All the six times I ran?"

"Yeah."

"You wake me up and tell me to run and then end up making mistakes? What on Earth is wrong with you?"

"I'm sorry okay? I just forgot you started training. I had my morning routine on my mind."

"I hate you. Don't forget that."

"Promise I won't."

After two hours of running like an idiot as Darrel liked to term it or warming up as Raymond referred to it he gave Darrel a thirty minute break. Then he started with the self-defense training and  Darrel was ready to just fall down and sleep. And that's what she did when Raymond told her that her language class at 9 am. It was 7 when they finished. Darrel went up and slept.

 At 9:30 am the door of her room was knocked loudly and she woke up with a start. She sat up and ran to the door to see an enraged Raymond. She stared at him  then looked at the clock and then realized why he was angry.

"Stop staring and get ready. You are late. I will see you after 15 minutes." With that he turned around and walked away and Darrel was left frozen in place. She then shook her head and closed the door and and got ready.