Chapter 23

It midnight and Darrel headed downstairs excitement coursing through her. But she tried her best to walk as slowly as she could. Darrel hated it but Lilly had made her wear heels and Darrel was sure she would break bones if she ran in them. And that was not good for her special night.

'Oh my gosh. My own team mates. My own gadgets! This is like the best night of my life! I just hope this night doesn't change. I don't want that. Not at all. My new beginning. Like a new life. A new start. Forget the past. You are who you are. Nothing changed. Except your surroundings. Nothing else. You will stay awesome like you are. No one will drag you down. Ugh! I don't even know who I am trying to convince.'

She reached the hallway and took in a deep breath releasing it slowly. She entered the room where she was supposed to be and a smile immediately took over her facial features.

Lilly, Ryan, Ryan, Nick, May and many other people were there and all of them stood up as she entered. Ryan came over to her and then congratulated her. Darrel just nodded giddily.

"As we all know, we are gathered here to welcome Daina Williams into our agency and to congratulate her on accomplishing her first mission. As a part of the agency she will now have her own team members; Ryan Edwards and Nick Jones. Congratulations."

With that Ryan and Nick ran over to Darrel smiles on their faces and hugged her tightly. Darrel happily accepted the hug then pulled away. She turned to Raymond, "Hey, since when did I become Daina Williams indoors too?"

"From now on Daina Williams is what you are."

Darrel's smile dropped but Ryan and Nick pulled her into hug and she forgot about that in no time. Walking with them she talked to the rest of the people present. It was like a house party just with people who lived in the mansion. Ryan and Nick trudged off when Darrel sat down and told them to leave her alone.

'I wonder what Dan is doing? Is he any better? Should I pay him another visit? A secret one? What would I have been doing if I wasn't a secret agent. Living with Dan. That's for sure.'

Taylor saw Darrel sitting alone and came to her. "You okay?"

"Mhm. Just a little tired. That's all."

"C'mon Darrel. I have known you for years now. Do you think lying to me will work? What's really wrong?"

"I just miss Dan, mom and Dad. I guess."

"That's natural. It's okay to miss someone you love. I miss Mom and Dad too. But it's okay. Everything fixes itself once it's tired of being broken."

"Thanks I guess."

"Hey that's what I am here for. Don't forget. I owe you my life. Literally."

"Don't talk about that Tay. I just did what I had to."

"I used to hate you so much before!"

"I know! I used to think that you were the bully of the school! Then one day I saw you helping someone. I couldn't stop staring!" They laughed and then walked out of the room. Taylor then pulled Darrel into a hug.

"I am so glad we are together again. I came here and was devastated when I found out that you will be coming here after a whole year!"

"That year was the absolute worst for me! Mom and Dad passed away, we lost the apartment, I couldn't attend the classes so I was kicked out of school, it was horrible!"

"Oh my gosh! That reminds me! What is the time?"

"1 a.m. Why?"

"Come on! There's someone really important waiting for you!"

With that Taylor grabbed Darrel's hand and then ran with her in the complete opposite direction of the party.

"Are you all ready for the surprise?"

"Yes sir!"

"Are the entertainers ready?"

"Yes sir!"

"Do they have their toys?"

"Yes sir."

"Is the mansion surrounded?"

"Yes sir."

"Are they headed where they should be?"

"Yes sir"

"Okay.Then order assault!"

"Yes sir!"

Darrel and Taylor kept running and Darrel stopped short when she saw a shadow moving, outside.

"Tay! Stop!" she whisper shouted and pulled Taylor to the corner.

"What's wrong? We have to go!"

"No! There's someone outside when nobody is supposed to be out! There is something fishy going on here."

"Are you scared Darrel?"

"No. But we should be cautious."

"I know. You don't have to teach me."

"I am not teaching you. I am just saying. What's wrong Tay?"

"You think you superior you others just because you know more facts and have more knowledge than us! But that is not right! You are so self-absorbed and arrogant! You always steal my spotlight! When we back in school! And now too! You are just so bad!"

"Taylor. Please. Stop. I am none of that. I am just trying to do what's right. I am sorry if I made you fee inferior. That was never my intention. Right now there's someone outside. We can't do what you were going to do. We have to be cautious. That's all."

"See!? Again! If I told you to follow my lead now, would you do it?"

"Yes."

"Prove it!"

"Alright. Where do you want to go?"

"Come on."

Darrel the followed Taylor but stopped when she realized Taylor was headed outside.

"We can't go outside! There's someone there!"

"Shut up! Follow me!" Then Taylor grasped Darrel tightly such that Darrel couldn't escape. Darrel struggled and fought but Taylor was both taller and stronger.

"Stop! Taylor! You are hurting me! Move! Leave me! Let me go! What is wrong with you?"

Taylor just kept on walking and they reached outside. Darrel stopped struggling as she saw a huge army of people standing outside. Raymond, Ryan and Nick tied to a tree and the rest of the people all locked in a cage.

Taylor dropped Darrel on the ground and moved back as a bunch of armed people formed a circle around her and one of them bent down to her level.

"The fun has just begun Darrel. You are not going to escape this one. You caught Cole. But that was the last of it. Now we have every single one of your members under our command. No communication. Nothing at all. You all are stranded and left completely at our mercy."

Darrel just stared back fear pumping inside of her. She looked at Raymond and her team members but they seemed to be out cold. She then looked at the cage to see everyone staring back at her expectantly and Taylor standing beside them, a smirk plastered on her face.

Heart racing she opened her mouth to say something and break the silence, when a voice very familiar to her spoke.