Chapter 5

"What do you mean?" Alberto asked slowly. Valentin was behind Darrel and his voice sent chills through her body. "We have a girl, her name's Darrel Smith" Darrel was now scared for this girl. 

'Oh my god, that girl is going to get tortured until she says what they want. And she's probably of my age too. Oh no! If only I knew about that S.S.A.! .Did they teach us about it in class? They couldn't have, I mean it is a Secret.  If they did I'm gonna kill myself. I knew I should've listened in class. What do I do? I have to save that girl somehow.'

"Uh, how do you know that I'm not Darrel Smith? Like I just said that right? You being gang leaders and all should know not to trust someone so easily right? I-I could have lied to you or something?" she said nervously and tried her best not to stammer.

"Oh, don't you worry little one. My men do their job well. Bringing you here was just a one time mistake. I trust my men to not make the same mistakes." Alberto said as if he didn't just shoot Antonio for making several mistakes.

'Plan down the drain. I'm sorry similar named girl. If I knew they were going to find you and bring you here I would have said that I was a Smith.'

Alberto and his men left shortly after the conversation, and Darrel was left behind, tied to the chair with Victor tied to one in front of her After many torturous hours, Victor finally woke up and Darrel informed him about everything. Her guilt-stricken tone saddened him too but he consoled her. After a while of talking they thought of ways to escape. Darrel came up with one quickly, and narrated it to Victor. 

"Are you kidding me? Do you think it will work? And how does your mind work? I'm kinda scared now Dar."

"Shush! You're just a baby! Just try it. If it doesn't work well, it doesn't work. The end. What are you scared of?"

"I don't know Dar. What if they understand that we tried to escape? They will kill us!"

"Are you really scared of that?"

"I value my life Darrel."

"Well, if we stay here, we're gonna die anyways."

"What do you mean?"

"All of us have to die, sooner or later. So what changes if we die now? Also you're so dramatic! Just give it a try."

"Fine."

With that Darrel tried her best to kick Victor's chair with her tied up legs. The chair sightly moved. "Man, you're heavy!"

"Hey! I'm a man, what do you expect?"

"Sure, Man," Darrel teased. 

"How about this superwoman, I do what you're trying to do, and you open my hands."

"Okay. That's a good idea."

Now Victor struggled with his tied up legs and moved Darrel's chair. The plan was to kick the chair until it turned around and the other person's back faced your back. It seemed impossible but Darrel wanted to give it a try anyways. Then they could somehow open the ropes. Even if one person was able to do so, the both of them would be free.

Darrel encouraged him and after a while, Victor accidentally kicked the chair to hard and the chair along with Darrel, fell down. Darrel shout out in terror and then  cried out in pain as the chair fell on it's back and Victor stared horrified.

"I'm so sorry. Oh my gosh, that was so unexpected! Hey! You alive there?"

"K-kinda" Darrel wheezed out.

"I'm really sorry Dar, this was never my intention."

Victor kept apologizing but Darrel, after a few moments felt the intense pain slowly disappear. She started thinking of situations which could have been worse than this and then felt better. Lying, in an awkward position, now she thought of the ways she could free Victor.

'If I somehow moved closer and no no- that would be impossible. Ugh, I'm trapped here for life.'

After a while Alberto entered the room, and was first shocked and then amused at the sight of Darrel. He bent down and easily picked the chair up and untied her.

Darrel stood up quickly and then fell down as pain quickly consumed her leg. She bit her lip to stop herself from screaming and Alberto ignored her and untied Victor too. He told them to follow him and started moving towards the door.

Victor bent down and helped her stand up. She stood up and tried he best to stand up straight. She finally did and limped forward and was surprised to see Alberto patiently waiting at the door. Seeing her and Victor come, he started walking. The both of them followed him silently and he led them to the kitchen. An old lady came toward them and at the sight of Darrel's injured leg, gasped loudly.

She told Victor to eat the food on the table and she led Darrel to the washroom. After taking out the first aid kit, Darrel quickly took charge and cleaned her own wounds thanking the lady.

The lady nodded and walked away. Darrel finished up cleaning and then slowly made her way toward the kitchen. She saw Victor talking to the old lady and almost laughed as she saw the old lady just nodding in response.

'Victor, always the one to babble.'  She went over to the table and sat beside Victor. She smiled at the lady and thanked her profusely for the food. The old lady just smiled back and then they introduced themselves. Victor, who had been talking for a while, introduced himself too, and Darrel wasn't the least surprised. That boy could just meet you and would start talking about muffins or something random like that.

Madison- the old lady, then showed them their rooms and left. The next morning, Alberto, over breakfast told them that his men would just escort them.

But, before that he made them both promise to never inform the cops about the incident. Victor was enraged, and stood up angrily but Darrel just pulled him down.

"Why do you expect us to not inform the cops?"

"Well, we are not any gang as you have assumed from the start"

"Not my fault, you have guns."

"Well, nowadays normal people also own guns. I want you to co-operate with us. We won't ask you to do anything for us except the part of not informing the cops."

"But why though? If you think it is alright to just capture a girl, question her and then leave her, so why can't we inform the cops?"

"Fine then, inform them. Don't be surprised if you find yourself back here"

"We won't be able to come back if the cops are informed."

"Well, let's put it like this, we have connections everywhere. And if we  don't, we just connect there.'

"How?"

"Taking advantage of a man's greed."

"And, what's that?"

"Money. I'm telling you guys, do not inform the cops."

"Well if you have connections, then why are you telling us not to tel the cops?"

"The mission we are on is a secret one. If you inform the cops, we will just explain and get away with it. But that will waste our time, which is really precious to us. And then we will have to kidnap you again, which will waste our time even more."

"Okay okay, we get it, we are not informing them. Happy?"

"Very."

"Also do you really have Darrel Smith?"

"That's something for me to know and you to ponder upon."