Chapter 19

"So Jose, or should I stick to Aiden?"

"Aiden."

"Okay. You say that you were told to search for someone who looks like a threat and that also in a school? And you don't know what to do. So you need my help."

"Exactly. Except I have tried but nothing worked so far."

"What is your motto? Not yours, I mean your gangs."

"It's an agency but it is against violence and our rivals are the group which kill people so that the population remains controlled. More specifically women. So the group is definitely an all man group."

'That's our rivals too. Guess that agency is an offence to every other agency out there.'

"Yeah. That is true. So what you have to do is, who ever you suspect, hold a conversation with them and see if they argue. They probably will. Then bam! You have your man."

"How about you do it too?"

"Why?"

"To help me. That's why."

"Okay. So the project.."

Darrel and Aiden then continued on their project and finished it. The next day Darrel talked to a few people starting the conversation as if it were a survey. People answered and in the end there were very little people who believed in ways to reduce the population but the only one who stuck out was Justin.

'Justin..Things don't click at all with him. He is nothing like Cole. And he has been in the school for a very long time and he isn't against women. This is all just a muddled up mess. Ugh. What if I read some books and then I would gain knowledge about this group and maybe.. it will get easier. Raymond always says that knowledge is power. Ugh Raymond! He says I was tested because my father accidentally gave away a bit of information. I don't believe it.'

Darrel made her way to the library when she spotted someone in a distance. The school was empty as far as she knew. Only the library would be open after school and the librarian would be there. 'Maybe there is someone else? Let's see what they are doing.'

She went to where the shadow was headed and was surprised to see them enter the school basement. 'Basement? No student can go there. And janitors come in the morning. This is definitely weird.' She waited for the person to go in and she followed suit. She entered slowly and moved as cautiously as possible. She then spotted the person at the end of the basement and hid quickly.

Peeking over the box she had hidden behind she gasped in surprise as she saw the person taking out their mobile and switching on the flashlight. ' Us millennials.' The light illuminated the whole room and she almost had a heart attack as she saw the face of the person.

'What on Earth is Aiden doing in here? He went home! In front of me! This is all so confusing! What do I do? Confront him? Or watch him? What if he is Cole? He just realized that I may be after Cole and so he put me of track?'

Suddenly she felt a presence behind her and she looked where Aiden previously was. He had vanished. That meant Aiden was behind her. She turned and screamed as he placed a hand on her. She instinctively kicked him. And then when she realized what had happened she gasped and moved back from him.

"Daina? What are you doing here?"

"Aiden. The question is what are you doing here?"

"Well I asked first so give me the answer."

"Fine. I was reading and spotted you. So I followed you. Happy? Now why are you here?"

"I-I..it's none of your business!"

"It is! I gave you an answer. Now you give me too."

"Fine! I put a bomb in here. It's going to explode. And you won't be able to escape."

Darrel gasped. " What! Why would you do that?!"

"Oh dear Darrel Thompson. You think you are so clever. The truth is you are not. Now time for you to perish. Thanks for making this trip to the basement so memorable. In 30 minutes all the teachers will be having a meeting and you will be stuck here. And then you all will die. And just to award you for amusing me all these days.. I am Cole. The one you are supposed to capture. Enjoy your life while it lasts. Although, I am kinda sorry I have to do this. But you are too clever and so a threat. Sorry. But goodbye."

With that Cole ran out of the basement Darrel racing behind him. But Cole had had a head start and easily out run her. He ran out and locked the door leaving Darrel behind pounding the door. But she knew it was all in vain. The library was ages away and so the librarian wouldn't hear her. And the teachers were going to have a meeting in the principal's office which was on the second floor.

She sunk to the floor leaning against the door tired from all the punching. 'Think Darrel. Think. There is got to be a way. This is the basement. So it means it probably has an underground thing. No. That's not possible. Can I dig my way under and then out? Nope. Totally impossible. How about trying to detonate the bomb? Or piling stuff on it. No! That's even more idiotic than all the other plans.' She looked around for any ways to escape when she spotted a ventilator.

'What's a ventilator doing in a basement? Are ventilators supposed to be in a basement? Who cares? At least it's there. I can escape! Wait this is too easy! If Cole was smart enough to place a bomb, this must be a trap. I have to think this through. Maybe if I dug a hole and put the bomb in and then escaped, I might be able to do it! How much time do I have? 25 minutes!? Oh mu gosh! I have to do all of this as fast as possible.'

She went to the place where she remembered Cole sitting down and immediately saw the red light flashing counting the seconds before the end of her life. She went over to the shelves and tried her best to find anything strong enough to break the wood and grant access to the mud and start digging.

The only thing she found was a small shovel. 'This will have to do'. She went beside the bomb and started to break the wood. Only splinters flew out defeating the whole purpose. She tried her best to break the floor but nothing happened.

She then gave up the idea as she saw the bomb tick 00:19:02. She took every single thing she found and piled it on top of the bomb. Then she jumped and tried to reach the ventilator and fell down. She groaned as pain consumed her body. But this was a matter of life and death. She stood up again sucking in a deep breath and jumped again this time catching the ventilator.

She sighed in relief and then tried to open the ventilator and to her horror found it jammed. Panic controlled her body and she jumped down and picked up one of the thing she had put in the pile and threw at the ventilator. It broke. She jumped again this time the broom in her hand and caught the wall. She broke more of the ventilator and soon found herself stuck in the small opening. She tried her best to wriggle out and then heard the sound anyone would dread if they were trapped in a room with a bomb.