Chapter 7

"Victor! I have found you! Hiding behind a bush doesn't help you, you know! You're a grown up! Even Dan hides better than you!" Darrel exclaimed then she heard a little giggle behind her and then spotted Dan hiding behind the tree. She sighed and then ran to Victor caught him and then they both pretended to search for Dan. 

They were playing Dan's favorite game-Hide and Seek. Darrel and Victor always pretended to have a hard time searching for Dan as it always made him happy. After a while the three of them raced in for lunch and then Victor and Darrel were left alone as Dan and Victor's parents went for a nap. The both of them went to watch T.V. After a while, Victor complained that he was hungry.

"How are you hungry? We just had lunch!"

"It's been 30 minutes Darrel!"

"Oh my gosh! And those 30 minutes aren't enough for you?"

"No. Can you please get me something?"

"Nope! Go and get it yourself!"

"Please?"

"No!"

"I don't like you! I only like people who give food to me." He said with a childish sound

"Who said I like you?" She asked sticking out her tongue at him.

"I never said that you said you like me." He retorted.

"Seriously? You are more childish than Dan!" Darrel  groaned.

"I learnt that from Dan. So I am not childish!" He said back and pretended to do a hair flip.

"That's what you think" 

"Ask my mom. She will say that I'm perfect!"

"Nobody's perfect."

"Who says?"

"I just did. Didn't you hear me?"

"Ugh! Whatever. I am going to eat the nutella."

"No! You will not touch it!" Darrel got up and ran toward him and then they raced to the kitchen.

"Let's share!" Victor said.

"Never! This is mine. Go eat whatever you want!"

"Fine. You are a meanie."

"Thanks"

That's how the rest of the two weeks were spent until Darrel decided to go back for work. She told Isabella about it and she agreed. Darrel still felt a little scared, not that she would admit it. But there was a small part which always imagined someone spying on her. But she pushed away the feeling thinking that it was just the side-effects of the kidnapping.

The next day, Monday, she went to the cafeteria she worked in. She was surprised by the number of times the co-workers asked if she was okay. She wondered how the fact that she was kidnapped was known by everyone. She asked a couple of people and all they said was that 'news travels fast.' 

'Did it appear on the news? Did the police tell the the media that they had a hunch on who kidnapped us? Oh my gosh! If they did  me and Victor will officially die! We promised the guys! Oh no! I have to check!'

Her thoughts were interrupted as a man started ordering. Taking down the order she quickly nodded and moved away, annoyed.

 'Can't they see I am thinking? What am I even asking? How can they even see that I am thinking? Ugh! Don't think like this Darrel. You can do this. I mean I have done this all before. Also mom and dad believe in me. So, I should be able to do this.'

 She was walking with the tray as someone bumped into her and she fell down. She gasped and quickly stood up and saw the tray turned upside down and the person who had bumped into her was the one whose order she was carrying. 

"What is wrong with you? Can't you see? Are you blind? So clumsy! I knew I shouldn't have come to this trashy place!" The man shout out in anger.

Darrel listened in silence even though there was a large part which wanted to shout back. 'Deep breaths Darrel. He's an idiot who doesn't need your energy to be wasted on him-'

"Hey! Stop shouting! I saw that you bumped into her. She was walking perfectly  until you came! And if this place doesn't satisfy you, then go eat from a dumpster! That will taste delicious to you! I'm sure about that."

"Who are you to tell me what to do?"

"The manager of this place. Need more answers Mr. Dumb?"

The man murmured angrily under his breath and stormed away as Darrel stared at the whole scene wide-eyed and she was sure her jaw could touch the floor. 

"Why did you do that?" she whispered to her manager.

"That man was an annoyance from the moment he entered. Don't worry! I am sure that from now on he will keep his manners in check from now on." she winked and walked away.

 Darrel quickly shook herself out of the shock and then took back the dishes to the kitchen and thought of the mess that was created. Going to the room where the cleaning supplies were kept, she found that the supplies were already taken out.

She went out and decided to go to the spot where she had dropped the tray and saw two people already cleaning. She quickly went over to them to take over but they just told her that they would manage it. She shrugged and walked back to the counter ready to take orders.

'Well, isn't this a good idea for a surprise? I mean, if I went back in time and dropped the tray, I would have been made fun of at least 20 times by now. And I would have been told to clan up the mess by myself. This is new, I don't want to take advantage, but let's see if this is how they treat me tomorrow too.'

After a few hours, she cleaned up and then made her way back home. She was really scared and walked as fast as she could. She feared being kidnapped again and then never getting freed. Never seeing Dan. Not working. Only sitting, probably tied up, behind four walls which could fall on her and desperately hoping someone would save her.

Or trying to find escape and then finally finding it but getting killed. Then she would leave behind everybody, and would have to meet her disappointed parents. They would be happy that she tried to escape but then they would also be sad as she couldn't make it.

She would leave a burden on Isabella, Mason and Victor. And when Dan would grow up he would have a loving family but wouldn't have anyone of his real family members. He would be sad and lonely. 

Her fears were confirmed as a car pulled up beside her. She made the biggest mistake of her life as she stopped for a second as that's when a man grabbed her from behind and put a hand on her mouth.