Chapter 21

"What's wrong? Ray?" Darrel asked suddenly worried at his angry expression. His features softened and he smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry. Wrong room." Darrel stared at him for a few seconds and then burst out laughing which soon turned to coughing. Raymond rushed by her side awkwardly patting her on her back. Darrel swatted his arm away and he moved back.

"S-sorr-y. H-how ca-n you e-enter a r-room w-with t-h-at expressio-n and t-then say that it was a wr-ong express-ion f-for the ro-om." Darrel talked and coughed and laughed all in on sentence.

"Ha ha. Very funny. I was angry at Ryan for sending the wrong files and don't know how I came in here. I was distracted I guess. Anyway, now that I am here, how are you?"

"Fine. Can you please tell me if any teachers were dead because of the bomb?"

"Darrel..is that really you?"

"Yeah. Why? What's wrong?"

"You do know you were in a basement right? It's the place where everyone goes in case of emergencies. It's proofed against almost everything. How is a measly bomb going to do anything? And what you did reduced the impact. So I don't know what you are worried about."

"Cole? Did he escape?"

"Of course he did. You have to get up and capture that boy."

"But I am hospitalized! How can I do that?"

"You have your time. And team. You have accomplished your mission Darrel. Congratulations."

"What? I didn't capture that idiot!"

"We did. For you. When we knew that you figured out he was Cole that was enough and so we caught him for you as he ran by our van."

"How did you know that I knew?"

"You might have a mic and tracker on you."

"What!?"

"The clothes we all wear have a mic and a tracker on them. Then you get your own jacket which has all the gadgets. Get well soon and you will get it."

"I will? Who are my team members!?" Darrel asked excited and she tried to sit up as Raymond he pushed to her to lie down before.

"Get well and find out." Raymond smirked and walked away leaving Darrel sad and hanging.

"Target down." he whispered into his ear piece and bent down to see his victim lying on the ground. Happy with the results he turned around and ran.

"Really? Wow. I thought it was a hard mission."

"It wasn't. Easily fooled that idiot."

"Now now. No need to get smug. You still have to kill Dan Thompson."

"Why can't I kill that boy's sister? She's out there isn't she?"

"She's dead. Says so in the records. Oh wait. Dan is a 5 year old. Leave him. Ah! He's under the guardianship of Isabella Greyback and her husband. Nice! Next target told. Hey! You there? Hello?"

"Man down." A deep threatening voice spoke and the person on the other side screamed. The person chuckled and there was a loud click and the line was cut.

--Two weeks later--

"C'mon! Faster! Ughh! I hate you. We are on a marble floor for a reason." Darrel screamed as Taylor pushed her wheelchair.

"I am your guardian for a reason Darrel. Obey me. Also I am older than you. Where's your so called respect huh?"

"That's with mom and dad. I don't have them anymore. So I don't need it anymore."

"Aww.. Come one Dar Dar, you know you are the epitome of a person who has respect for elders. Why give up?"

"Tay. You know my parents and teachers were the only people I respected. Everybody else is an idiot. Also how are you elder? You were born just a day earlier!"

"A day too much. Anyways, you were not so mean back then. What happened now?"

"I am just mad at Raymond. And you too. You are not going fast like Ryan does and Raymond still hasn't told me who my team members are! That's so annoying!"

Taylor laughed and then bent and tickled Darrel knowing that would make her laugh. "S-stop! Please! Don't! No!" Taylor was now tickling Darrel and laughed and shouted.

Ryan came looking amused. "I was wondering why Darrel was screaming like a baby and this sight is the perfect reason why. Ugh Taylor! You are pushing her wheelchair? Give it to me! Darrel loves it when I push. Don't you?"

"Y-yup. Taylor's so boring and protective."

"Yeah! Hah! Taylor! In your face! C'mon Darrel. Up we go!"

Darrel screamed and Ryan ran with the wheelchair. Taylor just sighed and shook her head then walked to Raymond's office. Raymond was sitting and his solemn expression didn't change even after she cheerfully said her greetings.

"What wrong Ray?"

"Don't call me that! It's so stupid! Ray is a line which has one point and stretches endlessly from the other end! So you are basically calling me a geometrical line."

"Woah! Stole the sarcasm from Darrel?"

"No! She reminded me of the term 'ray'. And I was okay with that stupid nickname for like a month!"

"Aww Ray. I'm pretty sure no one remembers the geometrical meaning of ray anymore. It's a nickname. I won't spill."

"Okay. Why are you here anyway?"

"Can't a guardian check on his assigned person?"

"I don't need a guardian Taylor."

"Your father thinks otherwise."

"He always has."

"It's a good thing Raymond. At least you have a father."

"Yeah. Thanks for reminding. I sometimes forget other unfortunate people. And yes I do remember your lecture on how respect is important and how parents deserve it. I have never disrespected him. Mind you. But I have stopped being mad behind his back. I just try to search for the good in his reasoning and all that. Who taught that to you anyway?"

"Darrel."

"The Darrel we have here?"

"Yeah. The same one."

"Wow."

"Yeah. She's awesome."

"Everybody is awesome."

"Darrel told that line didn't she?"

"Yeah."

"She used to say that all the time. She's really influenced us hasn't she? She's been such a supportive person to Nick, Ryan, You, everybody!"

"That reminds me, when are you going to tell Nick that you-"

"I am not."

"You have to!"

"He doesn't need this now. Wait a while for the perfect moment alright?"

"Of course. What's that in your hand?"

"Oh gosh! I forgot all about it! It's from someone called Mr. Eric."

"Eric!?" Raymond stood up suddenly.

"Yeah why?"

"Give it to me! Did you read it!?"

"No. Who is it? Why are you so scared?"

"H-he's m-my m-mom-'s-"