Chapter 26

Darrel stared in horror as Taylor's body fell straight on the ground. She cried, then feeling light headed and weak at the knees, slid down. She cried for what felt like a long time then remembered Raymond, Cole and Lilly.

Standing up slowly, she walked downstairs to Cole's room and saw him asleep on the chair. She shook her head sadly then trudged to the doctor' s room and saw everything empty.

'Now that I think about it, everything is so silent! Why? Did something else happen when I was up there? Oh wait! They are all fighting outside! I forgot all about it! Oh gosh! I hope everyone is fine!'

She was walking to the hall when the front door opened and all of the men came in hollering and scaring Darrel in the process. She looked at them and saw that all of hen had grins on their faces, meaning that they had won.

Darrel felt a small smile make way to her face when Ryan, Nick and May came and hugged her.

"Oi! Back off! She's my best friend! I get to hug her before you boys!" May said shoving Ryan and Nick away playfully. She then enveloped Darrel's stiff body and then pulled back cocking her head to the side and furrowed her eyebrows.

"You don't look happy Dar Dar. What's wrong?"

Darrel immediately broke down and started crying again. "I- a-m a m-murd-ere-r! I l-let Ta-yl-or die! She ju-mpe-d off! I did-n't do an-ythi-ng!"

"Taylor killed herself? When? Wait! What? How is it your fault! No Dar. No. It's not your fault at all! She wanted to suicide and she did. I know it hurts but it's not your fault. She was pretty out of it in the past few days. We saw it coming. The other way around but yeah.. come on girl, there's so much good news for you today!"

"Yeah? What is it?"

"First," Ryan spoke up "You get a hug from the amazing Ryan and a boy named Nick."

Darrel chuckled and let the both of them hug her. When they pulled back, Darrel was dragged by May and then she made them walk to one of the rooms.

"What are we doing here?"

"Go in! It's going to be epic!" May squealed. Darrel winced but nodded slowly then walked in and then let out a gasp. She blinked rapidly not believing her eyes.

"Mom? Dad? What.. How? is this some sick joke!?"

"No dear. It's all real. Promise." her mom said and Darrel's eyes welled with tears. She ran to them and they hugged her.

"What? How is this happening?" she asked, sobbing.

"Sit down dear. It's a long story. To make it short, our identities were revealed and so we had to become an old couple with no children and British relations and accents and all that. I am sorry dear. It had to be done."

"Did no one know about this?"

"Raymond and the boss knew."

"And you couldn't tell me?"

"No dear. It was a top secret mission. It's over now. We had such a big mission. And we kept tabs on you too dear. You were incredible. So strong! You worked and supported Dan. It was so much more than we could have imagined and expected from you. Just know that we are very proud of you."

"Dan." she whispered. "How is he?"

"Great darling. He's settled well with the Greybacks."

"How are you going to bring him here?"

"The same way you were bought here, to a school which is under us and then let him take tests then see if he passes. If he does, so he can come here otherwise too he will be able to come here. Just not a secret agent."

"You are going to wait until he is 18 to reveal to him his parents and sister are alive!?"

"No. He's just 6 now, let him be 10 at least. He will then be able to understand."

Darrel nodded knowing that there was no other way to this situation. "Will anything change in his life now?"

"We supply the Greybacks. Don't worry about it. We make sure there is no shortage for Dan."

"What about shortage of love?" she asked coldly.

"What do you mean?"

"His own parents and sister are alive but far away from him. e won't be able to experience all of that."

"We will bring him here when he reaches the age of 11,and if he is ready."

"Pull him out of the real world for all of this stupidity!?"

"This agency serves a purpose to the world Darrel. This has to done. There's no other way. He will be with us soon. I promise."

Darrel felt pain and anger but she made sure her anger didn't come out. 'It's mom and dad. Anger is not an emotion you can show them. They know what they are doing. It's important. Breath in. Breath out. At least they are here with me. That's awesome'

"I am so glad you are both alive and well." she breathed out.

They just smiled back. Darrel's father then yawned, "I think it's too late, shouldn't we go to sleep? If you need more explanation Dare, ask in the morning?"

"Of course Dad. Night."

Darrel's father kissed her forehead at then her mother hugged her and then they both headed out. Darrel stood exactly where she was until she shook herself out of the trance remembering Raymond and Lilly.

Walking toward the clinic part of the mansion, she went in one of the room sand saw Raymond seated and Lilly sitting beside him, leg bandaged.

"I can't get up otherwise I would have hugged the life out of you!" Lilly exclaimed. Darrel smiled and then looked at Raymond.

"Ray, how are you?"

"I am great too! Thanks for asking!" Lilly said.

Raymond smiled amused, "Great. It's not like I feel like my head is being hammered and my vision is blurry."

"Oh wow. I am sorry. What happened though?"

"I have no idea. And please speak in a low voice. My head is killing me!"

"Oh okay" Darrel whispered. "Y-you know about Taylor?"

"Of course I do! I am the one who assigned her to be your guardian angel after all!"

"Oh yeah. She's attempted suicide by the way." She said getting straight to the point, Darrel was thankful that she was whispering and then felt her eyes burnwith tears again.

"What!? That's impossible! Didn't I just tell Madison to go get her? Is that why Madison isn't back yet?"

"Yeah."

As if on cue, the door opened and Madison, the nurse came in and she said; "We found Taylor!"