Chapter 9

"Darrel Thompson." The man in front of her still didn't turn toward her. She had an idea of his identity but wasn't sure yet.

"Yeah I guess." she replied slightly creeped out.

"You don't know your name?"

"I do. Don't worry."

"Smart. I knew it."

"Why am I here? Get to the point."

"Make a guess."

"I didn't tell anything to the cops. So I don't know."

"So you figured it out?"

"It's easy. I saw your silhouette back in the broken down place and saw a kind of silhouette now.It's enough for me. The shape of the bodies match. Even the hair is styled the same way.It really was easy."

"Good. It should be."

"What do you mean?"

"You'll figure it out too."

"Alright. So mind telling me why I am here?"

"I will, have patience. First you tell me, what do you think your parents did for a living?"

"Why?"

"Just tell me."

"First tell me why!"

"I will. I asked you a question. Answer that."

"Fine. They were business people."

"That's not what you think. That's what you were told."

"What would you know?"

"I'm pretty sure I know what your parents did for a living when you don't."

"Why do know?"

"I just do. Now answer"

"Fine. I think they were in the police department. Like detectives. Or maybe.. like.. a spy? I don't know! Why are you asking?"

He just ignored the question and asked one himself. "Why do you believe they were detectives or  spies?"

"I don't believe! I just think."

"Okay. Why?"

"B-because they were always talking or maybe discussing.They had a study in the house and never allowed me in it. They always saw through lies. Easily read body language. Spoke in such a formal English. And they also had files which were designed to look like business books but they held background checks of people!"

"How do you know about the files?"

"Once they dropped their file. I picked it up and was going go give it to them when I wondered why a book was so light. When I opened it, I realized it was a file. Then I saw a person photo and a bunch of words that made no sense to me." Her tone clearly held guilt.

"Did your parents know about this?"

"I told my mom after one day. I felt that the guilt would eat me alive. I didn't mention the fact that I knew the person's name."

"Do you remember it?"

"Yeah."

"What was it?"

"Why should I tell you?"

"Look here Darrel, I have been very patient with you till now. So you better answer me."

"Fine. His name was 'Peter Solomon'."

"Good. What else do you remember from the file?"

"Nothing."

He walked toward the table opposite to which Darrel sat. He leaned on the table and began talking.