Chapter 24

Darrel stared shocked and frozen in place. She was sure her jaw was touching the ground as she stared at the person in front of her.

"Dad?" she whispered but she was sure it was heard as the silence was deafening.

She wasn't sure if the person in front of her was her real father, but she wanted to stand up and go hug him. Her 'father' clapped and out came many people and they started fighting.

Pushing away the thoughts of her father and seizing the chance Darrel stood up and quickly ran up to Raymond, Ryan and Nick and untied them. Ryan and Nick had woken up after a few slaps but Raymond didn't.

She left Ryan and Nick to handle Raymond as she ran or her caged friends when Taylor came up and started fighting. Darrel being Taylor's best friend, she knew all of her weak points and easily tackled her and pinned her to the ground.

"I don't wanna do this Tay! Why are you doing this anyway?"

"Do it! Kill me! That's what I would like! After all those years of being an idiot and a nerd and acting superior to me, what else would you want to do?"

"I was never acting superior! Why do you keep saying that!? All I pretended was that I was happy just to comfort you! I was so sad back in those days! So were you! But I was sure that the only way I could keep you as a friend was by not showing I was sad! But no! Somehow I am acting superior to you! Get lost! I don't want to talk to you! I don't even have the heart to kill you!"

With that Darrel got off Taylor leaving her laying on the ground and she ran to the cage and freed the people. They came out and ran to the mansion, as if having some sort of plan.

Darrel looked at the field and saw Ryan and Nick coming towards her with an unconscious Raymond in their hands, behind them the whole field looked like a war zone.

Darrel ran to Ryan and Nick to help them and then the three of them carried Raymond to the mansion and into his office.

Leaving him their, they came out of the office and were ready to run back when Nick stopped them.

"Wait. This isn't safe. We need to have a plan. The girls have already went and taken the weapons and first aid kits from inside and some of them are headed outside. The men have surrounded the grounds so as to prevent the escape of these fools. Now it's the three of us. I say we each do one of the jobs. That okay with you guys? We made this plan before the both of us came to you by the way."

"Yeah. What do I do?"

"Darrel, if you are okay with this, can you go and keep an eye on Cole? What if this all is a distraction to help him escape?"

"Okay. I am fine with it. Where's Cole?"

"I will take you with me. I am going to be covering the ground, Ryan you gonna take the kits and go?"

"Yup."

They separated and Darrel ran with Nick as Ryan ran in the other direction. "Okay. We are here. Go in and you can't miss the grey door." Darrel nodded and ran.

'Oh my god! What if he is beaten up? I won't be able to take the sight! I should've taken the kits! But then also I would have to see the gruesome sight! Oh my gosh!'

She reached the door, took a deep breath in, took out her weapon; a dagger, and then walked in. Cole sat in the middle of the room, which was dimly lit. She gulped at his sight. He had his head hung low and was tied to a chair. He was placed in the middle of the room and so he was far away from everything.

She walked closer to him and stood at an arm's length from him. He looked up and she gasped loudly as she stared back at his bruised face.

"What happened?" she whispered.

He just stared back and then licked his lip, as if preparing to speak but shut his mouth and pressed his lips in a thin line.

"I am sorry. I wish I knew about this. I never intended on hurting you once I caught you. I swear." she whispered as if afraid someone would hear them. Cole remained quiet.

Darrel stared at him expectantly but soon sat down, not knowing what to do she started playing with the dagger and it's holder.

"You planning on cutting these ropes any time soon?" Cole's raspy voice broke the silence.

Darrel's head shot up and then she shook it. "I'm sorry. I can't betray my own family."

"Wha-t do y-you mean?" he asked, his voice hoarse then cleared his throat.

"My parent's worked here too. This place, although new to me, is like my second home."

"I see. Uh, I am sorry, you know, um, for locking you in. I didn't want to do that, bu-ut I had to. It was my mission. I never had anything against girls or women. This group just kidnapped me and then told me to learn all of that and do what they wanted me to."

"It's okay I guess. I couldn't believe you would actually hold a thing against women you know. I had seen the way you acted, like around the girls."

"Yeah." he breathed. "You accept my apology right? Because I have told all my secrets to your men and they are planning to test my loyalty to them, then I can be a part of this world. Hopefully, a partner of yours?"

"I have my team members already. Sorry."

"That's fine. I will be here right?"

"I guess."

"Also, it's kinda offensive to come into your friend's room with a dagger you know."

"Well, it's not my fault that my friend turns out to be the jerk who would lock me in a room with a bomb!"

They laughed at that when a loud crash was heard from outside. Darrel immediately stood up and ran out and saw Taylor heading towards her with a very frightened Lilly in her hold.