Chapter 8

Darrel eyes fluttered open and her brain immediately went on panic mode and she quickly sat up. She squinted her eyes as she looked around and took in the surroundings. She knew then that she was somewhere owned by a rich person.

 'They have given me a room bigger than the last two I have owned. But why am I here? Are they going to bribe me with materials? Nah! Even if they do, which they won't, I will never agree. Who would?'

Her thoughts were interrupted as the door opened. She had stood up while thinking and she quickly went to the corner.  A man entered the room and saw her standing in a corner he put up his hands quickly. 

'People really hate me don't they? They always interrupt my thoughts.'

"Hey! I am Ryan. What's your name?"

"U-uh, You don't know?" 'Aren't they they kidnappers here?'

"Okay! Hi! Nice to meet you, you don't know"

"What?"

 The sight of the man didn't scare Darrel at all. Ironically,he looked like a really friendly person despite the fact that  he had kidnapped her.

"I mean you did say 'you don't know' when I asked for your name. So it's your fault, not mine."

Darrel chuckled. "Sorry Ryan. My name is Darrel."

"Good. I know that already."

"You do?"

"Even if I didn't, now I do!"

"So you didn't?"

"No."

"No, you didn't or no you did?"

"I will leave that up to you."

They shared a short laugh. Then Darrel got distracted by the large painting on the wall. It was beautiful, showing a scenery. A lonely person  stood on top of the painted cliff, and the person was leaning as if ready to jump off. She walked toward it and Ryan followed suit. 

"You like it?"

"Yeah." She whispered in a daze. She imagined the scenarios which must have pushed the person to jump of a cliff.

"Boss made it. But don't tell him that I told you!" Ryan said as he realized his mistake.

"It's alright. I won't." Now she was even more intrigued. 'The boss, huh? Must have been pretty sad to paint this."

"Why am I here?" She asked snapping back into her senses.

"I will let boss tell that to you."

"Why can't you tell me?"

"Because that's not what I am supposed to do."

"Oh okay. When will this 'boss' talk to me then?"

"I don't know." Ryan suddenly seemed very serious. Very different from the grinning one she had first seen.

"Are you okay?" she asked suddenly feeling bad for ruining the boy's mood.

"Yeah I'm fine."

"Sure?"

"Yup!"

"Are you sure that you are sure?"

"Yup!"

"Are you-"  

"Don't you dare!"

"But why?!"

"Because I said so!"

"Who listens to you?"

"You just did" He replied chuckling. It took Darrel a moment to realize what had happened.