Chapter 18

Raymond was outside the room waiting for his father's order to go back inside. His father, who had passed down the training duty to him and become a doctor himself still controlled the the things around. He would always drop by and give out orders and make Raymond agree to them no matter what.

The door opened and Raymond immediately stood up. His father had a grin on his face and that was never a good sign.

"W-was she any g-good?"

"The best. I have her unconscious now."

"W-why!?"

"She deserved it. A whole day of no sleep. You see that chair wasn't going to let her sleep. It had little pieces sticking out of it. She had somehow managed. She's one strong one. I have to tell you that."

"Y-yeah. Can I take her to her room?"

He chuckled. "Of course. Go ahead." And then walked away. Raymond sighed in relief and then went inside and untied Darrel and carried her to her room and left her to sleep. He felt guilty that she had to go through all of that just because his father wanted to test her loyalty.

The next morning after breakfast,he was walking back to his office when he heard an alarm indicating the arrival of someone. He went in and checked the camera and saw a young boy.

'What's he doing here? Who is he? Is he the one Darrel was talking about? Wasn't he supposed to come yesterday? Well I would've known if I wasn't supposed to act like an idiot.'

He went out and then to the boy. "Who are you?"

"Oh. I am Aiden. Daina's classmate? I was supposed to do my mission- I mean project with her."

'Daina? oh!' "Of course. But things have been rough lately and she is sleeping. Aren't you going to school?"

"We have a holiday today. Are you Daina's father?"

"N-no." 'Do I look that old?'

"Oh. Sorry."

"Don't worry."

"I will be on my way now. Thanks anyways."

Raymond nodded and then closed the door. 'Maybe we should call Darrel Daina. That way she will be more comfortable. And will also forget about her past life.'

Later that day, Darrel woke up and groaned. She was sore all over and her head throbbed as if there was someone hammering her skull. She slowly sat up and then after a while her head ache decreased and she felt that suddenly breathing was much easier. She slowly stood and stretched and then her thoughts went back to last night and her mood immediately saddened.

'All of them immediately pinned me as a spy! And Raymond left me with that idiot! Ryan let e get dragged away. That doesn't even sound like them. As far as I know, they would never leave me or anyone else to someone who just entered and accuses you of something you wouldn't even think of doing. There is something behind all of this. If Raymond obeyed that doctor then the doctor must be someone of a higher rank. What I don't understand is how he is a doctor and a higher rank. And how he accused me. Well time for the tables to turn. I have to ask questions now. Good things it was a holiday today. Today! Oh no! Jose! Or is it Aiden? Eh! Who cares?'

She freshened up and then rushed downstairs to see Raymond entering the hall. 'He went somewhere?'

"Hey! Raymond!" her mind was clouded with anger at the sight of him. It ran so deep she couldn't believe the feeling. She had never been so angry before.

Raymond immediately looked at her and his face showed utter happiness confusing Darrel. 'He's happy to see me? How?'

"Darrel! Oh thank god you are alright. Come in quickly. I will have food prepared for you and then I will answer all the possible questions you have. I promise."

Raymond spoke so quickly and happily it both scared and confused Darrel. He came beside her quickly and ushered her to the kitchen calling the cook; Lena. Lena was the best cook in the whole mansion but she couldn't talk. Darrel was really sad at that and so just to make Lena feel happy and not left out, she never spoke when she was around. She used all the gestures she knew and mostly pointed and did things herself.

After a quick and silent breakfast, Darrel followed Raymond to the office and sat down on seat as she was supposed to. She looked at the ground and the memory of dragging Raymond filled her mind. She smiled and then remembered the patiently waiting Raymond in the room.

"So? What on Earth happened yesterday? You were drugged? I was questioned and accused wrongly. And now you treat me like someone special? What's the big idea?"

"Well, yesterday my father, the doctor you saw, came by. He wanted to test your loyalty so he made up a test. And then told me to fake die. Or become unconscious. As my father is really strict I had to go through the whole plan. Also you dragging me was not a good idea. Anyways, he knew we had give you an alias and you will go by it after you succeed your first mission. So he just tested you. That's it."

"How did Ryan not defend me? He didn't play along in the beginning. So he must have not known about the whole plan."

"He didn't. But when my father insisted on you being a spy, he understood and so played along."

"And you just agreed to the whole plan?"

"I had to! There was no other way! He always tests my students. That is like a duty he has taken upon himself! I am sorry. I can't do anything about it. You passed the test though."

"I know. I stuck with being Darrel Thompson. I knew I wouldn't saw Daina Williams no matter how sleepy I was. I am Darrel Thompson after all!"

"I know. But we have to work on you sticking with Daina Williams."

"Why? I am cautious when I am outside."

"Well that is true. But you know why you were put on an uncomfortable chair and weren't allowed to sleep?"

"Sleep deprivation to make me trip or slip up?"

"You are smart! That is correct. That and there are many other techniques to."

"Were Ryan and all tested like this too?"

"No. Not the same way."

"Why was I treated so harshly then?"

"Well, your father once slipped up knowledge about one of his missions."