Sweet Trouble.

Seira pov
Its a little disappointing that Damon did not listen to me. There is this...bodyguard named Kavin who has been 'assigned' to my safety by Damon. He follows me everywhere...i mean everywhere.

Thankfully, i could convince him to allow Mason and me to go to the nearest deli for a take away.
"Isnt he a little too uncomfortable?" Mason asked while waiting for the order.
"That is why im angry with Damon. He thinks im not safe."
"Why? Anything wrong?" He asked looking way too curious.
"Nope. Its just his competitors' they seem to be a little dangerous." I lied. Maybe.

Taking our sandwiches, we walked our way back with Kavin looking all alert and a little tensed.
Has something happened?
"You know, im a little nervous about our patient. He is overweight and we have to operate him."
"Im also worried. Anaesthesia can...do things to him."

In the hospital, i had a meeting for atleast two hours. Mason took off in the hospital while i stopped for Kavin.
"Kavin, i suggest you take a break. Im going in for a meeting that will take atleast more than an hour. Please."
He looked suspicious but agreed.
"Very well. I will be in the canteen."
I nodded and went in.

Midway the meeting...
Seira pov
"His left side has started to bleed because of a little piece of glass that has pierced into the softest layer of skin near the brain." Mason explained pointing to an animated slide show.

I looked at my watch. It was already four thirty.
Poor Kavin.
He must be bored by now.
"Doctor Seira, what do you think we should do?"
I had an idea but it can be a painful one, unless it works.
"We could give him a medicine that makes him sleep and in the first quarter, we can open him up slowly so we dont give strong pains."

Everyone looked surprised but not shocked. Atleast.
"Maybe we can try. But it can make him scream once he feels all the pain."
"How about we keep giving him small dosages and apply cold gels to numb his open areas?" Sarah suggested.

"Good idea. Just keep the dosage very low. Okay?" Dr Singh instructed. When no one asked any question, they adjourned the meeting and i was about to leave when Kavin blocked my way.
"Whats wrong Kavin?"

"Ma'am, we have to go home. Mr Valero has asked for you."
What?
"But i have work. Lots of paperwork to go through."
"Im sorry ma'am but its an order."
Since no one can do anything about that, i asked him to wait while i take my files home.
If i can do work in peace.

"Seira? You goin' somewhere?" Dr Singh asked.
"Yeah, im sorry. There is some...work i have to do."
"Its Damon right?"
I paused.
"How do you know?"
"He called. Many times."
I sighed in frustration. This man!
"Im sorry."
"Dont worry. Im actually happy that he is so caring. Go on."

At home...
Damon pov
Unfortunately, i couldnt go to her as she was in a meeting for hours so i went home.
Why was she angry? Its for her safety. Women are so confusing.
"Damon? Seira is home. And im going." Jess popped in her head into my study.
"Thanks Jess. Good night."

I walked to the foyer and leaned onto the pillar by the piano crossing my arms over. The door opened and Seira walked in with a pile of files and handbag hanging on her arm. She wore a pink jumpsuit with beige heels and hair half pulled up.

I was beginning to have a meltdown but i controlled it.
She closed the door awkwardly and saw me. She walked towards me then twisted her way towards the kitchen.
What the fuck!

I followed her literally feeling like a lost puppy. She walked to the other side of the counter pulling out a glass, filling it from the water dispenser and taking a sip. I stayed quiet.
Then, she walks into the bedroom.

Before she go anywhere else, i gripped her elbow and pulled her to me.
"Why are avoiding me Seira?" I was trying to hold back.
"Im not."
"Really? You didnt reply to my messages, and you just stormed past me. What is that supposed to mean?"

"Its because of what you did. You hired bodyguards that means you do not trust me." She wasnt shouting but spoke in a soft annoyed tone.
My grip loosened but stayed put.
"I trust you. More than anything else. Its just that that after what happened to you, im worried. Nothing else."

She held my arms and scooted close. "I know what you mean. But i can take care of myself too. I have learnt my lesson Damon."
I closed my eyes, swallowed the growing clot and opened them again to see her all sincere.
"Maybe what you are saying is true but i dont trust Michael."

"But why Damon? Its so uncomforting." She let go and turned around like an upset child. I dont know why but i was smiling then.
"Hey, you will get used to it." I snaked her waist amd rest my chin on her shoulder.
"No i wont." She was getting angrier.

"Fine."
I turned her around and pulled her to me. "I dont want you mad in bed. But i will only leave you 'alone' in one condition."
"What?"
"I will drop you and pick you personally. You have to inform me whenever you leave the hospital to go elsewhere."
Finally, she smiled and nodded.

"And, keep that sleazeball away from you."
"Damon, he is harmless."
"So? I know he has eyes on you."
"Its not him but its you being jealous." She pulled away and walked out to the kitchen.

It had already began raining outside.
"Im not jealous." I pointed out.
She pulled out stuff from the fridge while i gazed at her move about.
"Hungry?" She asked.
"Yes."
"Okay." She answered not looking up once.

Seira pov
He pulled me away from whatever i was doing pinning me by the wall.
"Damon?!"
"I. Am. Not. Jealous. Of anyone."
I wanted to laugh.
"I do not buy that."
"You have to."
"I have to...cook."