Sweet

Damon pov
It was just after nine when we reached home. "Sir."
"Hello Bernerd." He had a small hint of a smile when he caught sleeping Seira in my arms. "Lugguage please. Bernerd." He nodded and went to grab the bags while i took us in.

In the elevator, i leaned against the metal and listened to her 'almost' silent snores. It made me grin. When the lift came to halt, i walked into the foyer and slowly moved into our bedroom, i put her under the covers and went into the study... i have missed on a lot.

I threw my jacket on a chair, and fired up my long left Mac, figuring out; that i had fourteen emails from the plant owners, my other partners and one anonymous. Could be a spam. I emailed them all and put my finger on the chin leaning back in my chair wondering whether i should open it or not.

Finally i did, giving into my curiosity and realised that it wasnt any other email but a threat.
It said:
To Damon Valero,
From M. Harris

If you think that what you did will cool me down or even put you at some rest; then you are wrong. There is more Damon. You may protect your little bitch from me but can you when she alone at work?
;)
----------------------
Damon pov
How dare he! He called my Seira a- fucking asshole.
i shut the laptop and went into the kitchen for a glass of wine.
I took a bottle of sauvignon blanc and poured in but had no courage to take a sip. Anger was everything that posessed me right now.

At work? Fuck. I ran my fingers in my hair and in frustration; punched a cabinet in which the glassware rattled.

"Damon!" I watched Seira run from the room to me holding my hand immediately. "What have you done? Damon."
She stubbornly pulled me to one of the stools.
"Stay here." She rushed upstairs and came down with a clear medical kit.

"Show me." She touched the red inflamed spot that was beginning to get even more worse from the punch.
"We need ice." After a few minutes, she put an ice pack on the area.
"And why did you do this?" She asked.
"Just work. Some frustration."
"Are you being honest?" She fold her arms and narrowed her eyes.

I smiled. And then i got an idea.

Seira pov
"What?" All of a sudden he started with all the boyish smile. Something was up.
"Lets go." He stood up and held his hand out.
"Where?" I asked.
"Somewhere."
"No! I mean, im really tired. We'll make something here. Please." Damon huffed and sat back again. "What will we make?"
She wondered thinking like a child and snapped at an idea. "But will Mr Valero prefer stir fry?"
He grinned. "Yep."

I dragged him into the pantry where i kept a black basket to collect stuff. "Can you carry it for me?" He shrugged and picked it up and we wandered into the room that almost looked like a mini store itself.

"Have you ever been in here?" I looked back at him and he was just looking around. "Just twice."
Nodding i went to collect brown rice and a few odd spices.
"You know what you're taking right?" He asked picking up on an olive oil bottle, reading with grave attention.

"I think im done." I said and we filled the basket and went out to the kitchen where he was going to sit again. I needed to distract him. "Where are you going huh?"
"To...sit?"
"You. Are. Cooking." His expression was blank and unreadable. "You know- i...dont...know-"
"So?"
"I will teach you. Come here."

Reluctantly, he walked next to me and rolled up his sleeves. "Lets wash hands, and we start. Okay?" Like a lost child he washed hands and quietly stood by the counter gazing at the chef's knife. He looked...blank.
"Damon, please get us some bell peppers from the fridge."
He lazily opened the fridge and pulled out the veggies.
I felt like laughing.

He is so cute!

"Okay. You can cut them while put the rice on boil." I put the rice in the boiling water, added salt and watched Damon; struggle. I grinned. Whenever he tried slicing it, the pepper rolled to the other side.
"You need help?" I asked and he looked. So innocent and sweet. No more looking like any kind of businessman but a cute, struggling chef. "Sort of."

I stood in front of him and took his hand from the left putting it in the green pepper's head. "Hold it here and use your right..."

With my hand, i took his right hand placed it on mine and with a little force, the knife cut in the middle and sliced the the vegetable in half. "Then yo-" suddenly, i felt his lips press on my veins right under my ear. "Thanks." I said and showed him how to make juliennes.

"Damon? Can you stir this for me?" Slowly, slowly he got comfortable in the kitchen and volunteered to chop the veggies, stir and also prepare the plates, glasses and cutlery.
"You did well today Damon." I clapped a little and he scooped me up and took me to the stools and put me down. "Wine?"
"Yes please."
"Which one?" He switched again. From the chef, he turned into all restauranter.
"I want that pink coloured one." He chuckled went to get it.
Filling my glass, he served me the stir fry and we began to have a light hearted conversation.

He talked about how awkward he felt when Jess asked him what he wanted to store in his pantry. He had no idea! And whenever he wanted coffee in his early years, he had to call Jess.
He was laughing and self praising himself, which was a mew change. He never praised himself for anything he did.