Something more...

Early morning...
Damon pov
My hand lazily wanted to wrap around her but it was touching the cold side of Seira's.
"Seira?" With one eye, i looked to see that she wasnt there. I pulled up and knocked on the bathroom door. "Seira?"
Pushing the door, it was empty. Where was she?

Rubbing my eyes, i looked around and noticed a folded note on the bedside.
Emergency! Sorry :(

Well well, just in a while she wouldnt have to do so much.
Stuffing it away, I went into the bathroom for a shower, a stubble was beginning to show, i shaved then. A stubble is tomorrow's news.
Having an energetic breakfast everyday with Seira was my habit. Faking that it made less of a difference to Jess, I took my way towards work.

Today was a big day, i was going to find a permanant solution to her security problem.

Once I reached the building i asked Bernerd on Mike.
"He is well and hidden. But Mrs Harris is a little suspicious."
"Suspicious?"
"She transferred a great amount of money to a Chinese man."
"Who was it?"
"We are trying to find out. It ia getting hard to crack it."
"Do it as fast as you can. I cannot risk Seira, by the way, how much?"
"Twenty three million."

Something bad was coming up and i had to something about it. The only places Seira went about was the hospital and home or sometimes to her parents' workplaces.
"Sir?! We are here." Bernerd spoke.
"Thanks." Muttering, I took the elevator up and even lost focus on what i was doing. Seira was in danger and something had to be done about that. What i thought was moot.

I picked up the phone and dialed Maria. "Hello sir."
"Hello Maria, please connect me with Mr Singh from the hospital."
"Will do sir."
I drummed my fingers on the table when finally the call came.

"Morning Sir, how are you doing today?" Singh asked in a polite manner.
"I would like to discuss something with you regarding the hospital, if you dont mind."
"Did we do something?" He asked.
"No, its directed towards Seira and her well being, but it could be further discussed upon if you will..."
"Sure. Actually i wont be able to come so..."
"Not a problem. I'll drop in. What time suits you?"
"Twelve?"
"Great."

"Hello Maria? Please cancel my meetings after eleven thirty."
----------------

At twelve...
Seira pov
"The scalpel should just be slightly piercing the skin, why?" I asked a group of interns that were only males.
"So you can open up in layers." A different voice called out and we looked back towards the entrance where Dr Singh was standing with...
Damon.

I just couldnt believe it, even Dr Singh gaped at him. Damon smirked at me and the boys glanced at me. "Partly, yes. There is more to the answer." Muttering a few instructions, i shooed the interns and joined him.
"You? And here? Are you okay?" I asked worriedly.

"He is absolutely fine. We just wanted to chat. You carry on."
"Ok. Umm..." i glanced at Damon who listened intently.
"Patient thirteen was complaining about irregular stomach pains, did you know about it?"
"Really? No. Just get him tested."
"Actually, i was wondering if i could appoint some interns to other doctors who can show them on the various areas."
"Good." I looked at Damon and began walking to the ward.

Why was Damon here?

Shoving the thoughts away, i went into the ward where José, an eighteen year old who just got a stomach clot removed.
"Hello José. How are you?"
I gave his foot a little shake and he opened his eyes.
"Hey, Doc." He spoke really lazily as if still in pain.
"How are you feeling?" I pulled up his pillow for him and pulled up his blanket.

"You said a stomach pain. Is it still painful?"
"A little."
"Mind if we do a test?"
"I guess."
"Ok. After ten minutes, i will ask Dr Sarah to take your test. Until then you have to take liquids only. Ok?"
"Yes."
I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze and let him rest.

My way out, i spotted Damon who gazed dazzled at me with a sweet smile. I mirrored and walked to him. "Are you done with you chatting?"
"Sort of." He said, still staring.
"What?"
"You work so hard. No offense but why? I earn a lot."
"I get what you mean. But i like doing what i do. It gives me a good distraction and the opportunity to help."
"Okay, go distract yourself while i watch you."
"And why would you do that? Are you planning to be an intern?"
He grinned. "Ok." I went off to divide the interns.

Damon pov
Even with Singh, she talked as if professionals and dealt with problems. I wanted to personally recognise her ability.
She walked along wards, using real life patients as her call and explained complicated procedures single- handedly.

For me, Seira was the walking medical encyclopedia. Her way of using terms to express and explain.
I was in awe. Just like her.
Every minute, she glanced towards me and rewarded her best smile, her worry for some patients was definately the reason behind the success.

Like her moral skills, Seira's way of handling her team was remarkable, while i stood assessing my wife's performance level because sometimes it's best not to think using the heart, i made up my mind...
She was capable.

And one realisation also-
For me, she was something more...