::Chapter 7::

::Chapter 7::

Emily stepped back from the two who were panicking over locking the door, she shut her eyes as she tried to listen for where the alpha was and for Derek's heartbeat

Emily stepped back from the two who were panicking over locking the door, she shut her eyes as she tried to listen for where the alpha was and for Derek's heartbeat. Opening her eyes, she walked to the door, looking out the small window her eyes landed on the bolt cutters that Stiles used to unlock the door in the first place.

"No. Absolutely not!" Stiles said vehemently, noticing where the brunettes eyes were on and shook his head. "You are not going out there." He glanced at his best friend. "Help me out here, Scott."

"He's right. That's a bad idea." Scott said, his tone filled with worry about her possibly getting eaten by the alpha.

She looked at them both in annoyance. "Look. We need to lock the door with something. It might not slow him down by a lot but it should give us some time to get away." She said, her eyes flickering to the door before she rushed over to Stiles and shoved him into Scott, knocking the two to the ground. "Be right back." She rushed out the door.

The two teens scrambled to get up as they looked out the small window as they watched her. Stiles heart was racing so fast that he felt like it was going to jump out of his chest as he kept his gaze solely on her, afraid that she going to get eaten.

He felt his breath caught in his throat when he saw the alpha coming out from behind his jeep and he was about to scream for her to run when he saw that she was already at the door, shoving it open before putting the bolt cutters on the door to keep it closed. "Don't ever do that again?"

"Do what?" She asked, giving him a questioning look, wondering why he looked so mad especially when she just bought them some time.

"Put your life at risk." He exclaimed and she gave him a stunned look.

"Guys!" Scott cut in, giving them annoyed looks especially when they were in danger. "We need to go. That won't hold forever."

Before Emily could retort, there was a howl that they knew belonged to the alpha and suddenly found herself once again being dragged by Stiles. She started to wonder if Derek had been right about Stiles' feelings for her. If he had been simply after her body he wouldn't be making sure she was safe and he probably wouldn't have yelled at her.

Her gaze went towards the windows as the two teen boy's argued over how the Vet was the alpha as they stood in the empty dark classroom. She could faintly hear Derek's heartbeat, it was slow but it was there. The stab through the chest was definitely going to take a lot longer for him to heal so he obviously wasn't going to be able to move for a while.

Scott stammered nervously, "Okay, just - What do we do?" He asked, looking between the two anxiously.

"We get to my jeep, we get out of here." Stiles said a bit pointedly as his eyes flickered to the brunette who he wasn't going to let out of his sights again. He gave his friend a look. "And you seriously think about quitting your job, good?" The three walked over to the windows and he sighed when Scott tried to open the window. "No, they don't open. The school's climate - controlled."