::Chapter 17::

::Chapter 17::

Emily walked into her house ready to just go to sleep. After the ice rink, she took it upon herself to take Lydia home who told her that she didn't want to talk about happened. She refused to talk about how she randomly started screaming and Emily reluctantly dropped the subject.

She glanced down at her phone seeing a message from a number she didn't recognize and before she could read it she heard the floor creaking. Immediately she went on alert and glanced around to see if she could get a scent.

Someone vamp sped past her and she quickly chased after them. She managed to grab them and slam them on the ground while hissing threateningly in their face only to receive a chuckle from the person she was straddling.

"What the hell are you doing here, Eli?" Emily blinked in surprise, standing up and keeping a few feet between them. She hadn't seen him since the 1920's. She couldn't quite remember since she had her humanity off back then.

Eli stood up, giving her a faex hurt look. "I see you have your humanity on." He mused, walking around while checking her out. "That's a surprise."

She crossed her arms over her chest and frowned at him. "I didn't exactly have a choice in that matter. But that's beside the point." She gave him a questioning look. "What are you doing here, Eli?"

"I missed you, Em." He said leaning down as he picked up a strand of her hair and gave her a soft expression. "And I thought we could have some fun like old times." His hands cupped her face and stared into her hazel eyes.

She stared at him slowly reaching up and whispering into his ear. "No thanks." She swiftly turned around and strutted out of the room as she called out to him. As long as he stayed cleared away from her plans then he could do whatever he wanted. "You're welcome to stay in the guest room as long as you don't eat anybody." She didn't need any attention on them.

He watched her, his lips twitched upward into a small smirk. "Too late." He muttered, not hurt by her rejection as he went back into the living room to continue drinking.

-

"I'm so sorry about the other day." Stiles said, staring at his best friend as they sat on the stairwell. "I'm trying. We'll get through this. Uh, I know, because I love you. I love you more then--" He made a face. "--oh, my God. I can't - You and Allison just have to find a better way to communicate."

Scott sighed. "Come on, you're the only one that we can trust. Is she coming to the game tonight?"

"Yes! Okay, message complete." Stiles muttered, letting out a tired sigh. "Now, tell me about your boss?"

Scott pursed his lips. "He thinks that Allison's family keeps some kind of, uh, records of all the things that they've hunted. Like a book."

"He probably means a bestiary."