::Chapter 21::

::Chapter 21::

"Well if that's all. I'm leaving." Emily blurted out before turning around and walking away. She didn't pay any attention to what Stiles said to the other two but she could hear him rushing after her. She held back a laugh when she heard him tripping over himself and glanced back at him. "Is there something you need, Stiles?"

"Uh not really but I also didn't want to stay back there with those two and be the third wheel." He said, shuddering at how his best friend and his girlfriend were going to obviously make out and then more then likely have sex.

"Hm." She kept walking. "So you thought you'd follow me."

"Well yeah. But I was also wondering about something." He said, trying to keep up with her. "Are you and Lydia fighting or something? You seemed kinda tense when I mentioned her."

"It's nothing." She huffed. "I just told her I was a vampire and she kinda freaked."

He blinked. "Oh."

She glanced at him and slightly glared at him. "What?"

"Nothing." He raised his hands in surrender. "I'm just surprised you told her about you being a vampire." Stiles paused. "But I guess it makes sense. With everything going on she'd eventually find out about all of this especially with Jackson being the kanima."

Her hazel eyes flickered to him, she was a bit surprised that he understood why she told Lydia. "Well yeah and I'm not surprised by her reaction. I mean, let's be honest my vampire face is terrifying. Everyone tends to recoil whenever I show them."

"Not me." He said, grabbing her hand to stop her walking and gave her a soft expression, his heart hammering in his chest when he held her hand. It was surprising how she wasn't pulling away from him. He mentally cheered at how he was progressing with her. Maybe he didn't need the ten year plan after all. Maybe she'd fall for him before the year was over. "I don't think your terrifying in the slightest."

Her heart skipped a beat. She wanted to say something else like how that wasn't really a good thing since she was supposed to be scary but instead she said,  "Well that's because you're different." She blurted out, feeling a bit uncomfortable as she recalled the look of awe on his face when she had tried to scare him a while back.

He flushed. "D-Different?" He repeated, he could feel his heart thumping against chest. "G-Good different or b-bad different?"

Emily stared at him, unable to comprehend why she was hesitating. So what if he was the only to ever look at her like that. He was definitely different. But was it good? There was no denying that she welcomed his amusing and weird reactions to her actions. But couldn't it also be bad? Because there had been moments where she had been questioning her own actions. He was confusing her to no end. There were times where she just wanted to ignore him because... because she would get this feeling. A feeling that felt almost foreign to her but it was also something she wanted to relish in. Because it had been so long since she felt like that.

"I-I don't know." She ended up saying, her brows furrowing as she felt even more confused by her thoughts. "I'm still trying to figure it out." She confessed.

"I guess I'll take that." Stiles muttered, not denying that he was relieved that it was at least not bad. She just seemed confused. "So moving on, can I ask you something personal?"

"Depending on how personal it is." She muttered, she glanced over at him a bit cautiously. "But go ahead and ask."

"Are you and Eli...." He stumbled over his words, curiously wondering about that friend of hers. "Have you guys ever you know um--"