::Chapter 19::

::Chapter 19::

The group got out of the jeep, Emily was glad she managed to get in last because that meant she got the front seat so she wasn't being squished in the back with Jackson, Lydia, and Allison. Her eyes flickered up at the house and gnawed on her bottom lip, glancing at Stiles and watched as he let everyone inside the house. She followed up until she got to the porch and glanced around. She noticed how Jackson was leading Lydia upstairs into the house for whatever reason. At least this way she'd be somewhat distracted.

"What?" He gave her a confused look when he noticed she was still standing outside. "Is something wrong."

Emily crossed her arms over her chest, letting out a small huff. "I think you're forgetting something."

He blinked not understanding what she was talking about. "Wha--" The memory of what she told him a while back resurfaced. He made an 'O' shape with his mouth. "You won't be able to get inside."

She gave a sharp nod. "Not without an invitation from someone living inside."

"Then I'll just call Scott."

"You can't. They have to be human." She frowned, staring at the house in disdain. "I'll just have to hang outsi--"

Stiles pursed his lips, "I'll call Melissa." He said abruptly and she gave him an unsure look. He suddenly grinned at her. "Don't worry, she'll find it abit weird but she'll definitely say yes." And besides, he didn't want to leave her outside to possibly face Derek and his pack.

She stared at him blankly and waved her hand. "Well? What are you waiting for?"

"Oh! Right!" He immediately dug his hand into his pocket and pulled out his phone before dialing Melissa's number. "Hey, Melissa! Uh- yeah I-I was just calling to ask if um Emily could come inside your house?" He glanced over at Emily who was mouthing for him to put the phone on speaker.

On the other side of the phone, Melissa made a weird face before sighing. She wasn't even going to ask why he was asking for permission especially when she thought that Scott was home. "I- yeah it's alright. She can come in."

Before she could ask any questions, Stiles quickly rushed out. "Thanks! Gotta go!" He immediately hung up before looking over at the brunette who was standing at the door. "Did it work?"

"Not sure." She muttered, hesitantly putting her foot near the door before stepping inside the McCall household and glanced back at Stiles. "Well get inside before they show up."

"How didn't you know if it would work?" He exclaimed, going inside and locking the door. "Haven't you ever done that before?"

"No because I don't usually go to homes belonging to a human. Your house, Lydia's house, Allison's and now this house are the only one's that I've needed permission to come inside." She calmly explained, glancing over at Allison who seemed distracted by the family pictures on the wall. "Any other questions? I don't hear Derek or the others outside so they haven't gotten here yet."

Stiles stared at her and thought back on the man who drove her car home. "Who exactly was that friend of yours back at the school? Is he dangerous?" A flicker of surprise passed through gaze which quickly flashed away. She didn't expect him to ask about Eli, she was sure he was going to ask about what it meant to be pureblood. "Oh and also about what it means to be a pureblood. You never really told me about the whole hierarchy stuff." He quickly added.

Emily made a quiet noise that she agreed and glanced over at the couch and took a seat. "Well how about I start with the Purebloods and what it means to be one." She noticed Allison out of the corner of her eye taking a seat also listening in. "Well in a way it's exactly what the word means. Pureblood. It means that as a vampire most of the blood running through my veins is vampire blood especially because I was born from two purebloods."