2: It's Just Acting

"Rise and shine, Layla!" Paul announced as he walked in my room.

I groaned as I covered my head with the soft blue blanket. "Paul, go screw off."

"Funny, that's just what Parker said." Paul chuckled. "Now go get in bed with him so we can film you waking up. Go brush your teeth and do something with your hair. Put it up."

"Ugh." I said as I threw the blanket off me and sat up in the bed. "This is the last time I'm taking a job in Alaska."

"Hurry up!" Paul said as he walked out.

I rolled my eyes as I got up and walked to my adjoining bathroom. I brushed my teeth and redid my bun, and then I walked down the hall to Parker's room, the last door on the right.

"That's what you wear?" Paul asked as I walked in.

I yawned as I looked down at my fuzzy blue night pants and an old oversized tee shirt.

"Uh, yeah." I said. "It's bed, not like I was going anywhere."

Paul sighed as he rubbed his face.

"Leave her alone, Paul. She looks fine." Parker said groggily as he walked out of his bathroom. He was wearing sweatpants and a tee shirt.

He looks kinda good when he wakes up-wait. Layla, be professional.

"You're the one that needs a wardrobe change." Parker said to Paul.

I covered my mouth to stifle a chuckle as Parker got back in his bed and laid down.

"Just go get in the bed, Layla." Paul said.

"Oh, really? I was planning on jumping out the window." I said sarcastically as I walked over to the side of the bed Parker wasn't on.

I got under the covers with Parker, and laid my head on the pillow.

"Parker, put your arms around her and both of you act like you're asleep." Paul instructed.

Parker sighed as I felt his arms go around my waist. I pressed my lips together and closed my eyes.

"Okay, guys. Act. Let's roll." Paul said.

"Mm." I yawned and stretched my arms as I opened my eyes. I turned my head around to see Parker's eyes still closed.

The script said, "Layla wakes Parker lovingly with a kiss."

I turned my body on my other side to face him, and I moved a stray piece of hair out of his face.

"Baby." I said sleepily as I cupped his cheek. "Baby, it's time to wake up."

I pressed my lips against his and kissed him lightly. Parker grunted as I felt his arms back around me, pulling me closer to him.

"Five minutes." He said.

"Cut!" Paul said. "Parker, act groggy and sleepy. Mumble it. Don't say it clearly."

"Okay." Parker said.

"Action!" Paul said.

"Five minutes." Parker mumbled groggily.

I chuckled as I ran my finger across his cheek. "Parker, you promised you'd show me around town."

Parker smirked as he slowly opened his eyes. "It's not my fault we were up all night."

"It kinda is." I chuckled and I put my arm around him.

"Best night ever." He smiled.

"Cut!" Paul said. "Now Layla, I want you to act like that made you kinda embarrassed and sheepish, like you want to hide."