30: We Ended

No matter how much we didn't want the night to end, it did. I woke up that next morning in his tee shirt with his arms wrapped around my waist as my back was facing him. I was sore, but I was happy about last night.

It was by far one of the best nights I had ever had.

I looked at the clock sitting on the table. It was an hour before my plane was supposed to take off. I quickly unwrapped his arms from around me, being careful not to wake him as I got off the bed. I grabbed my clothes from the floor and walked out, quietly shutting the door behind me.

I sighed as I walked down the hall, and Dozer came up to me wagging his tail. I smiled at him and petted him.

"I guess I'm going home, Dozer. Will you miss me?" I smiled.

He licked my leg as we walked into my room where my bags were already packed. I threw my clothes that were from last night in the dirty clothes bag, and I found something to wear.

I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth, and I looked at myself in the mirror. A messy-haired, no makeup girl wearing only a man's tee shirt. It was safe to say that I wasn't the girl that had came here four months ago.

I saw the love bite that Parker had given me on my neck, and I smirked as I ran my finger across it. I'm sure he has one that I gave him. I was his for one night. Now I would have to wear a scarf around my neck until the love bite went away.

I brushed my teeth and hair, and I did my makeup before putting on my clothes. I wore a pair of jeans and a long sleeve shirt, and a scarf around my neck along with some Converse.

When I was through getting ready, I made three trips outside carrying my stuff to the car. When I had made the last trip, I looked around outside and sighed. I really had fallen in love with Haines.

I walked inside, going into the kitchen. I took some ibuprofen and found a piece of paper and a pen.

Parker,

Thanks for a great adventure these past four months. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. You showed me who I really was. You made me feel like I was beautiful no matter what I looked like. You accepted me. Thanks for being such a great friend to me. I'll miss all the late night conversations, playing games, watching movies. I didn't know what to expect when I came up here, but I'm so glad I did. Haines will forever have a special place in my heart. Thanks for showing me what life could be like here. I'll forever remember your family and friends, who I grew to love. You have a great life here. I'm sure sometimes I'll wish I could come back. But winter ends and so does the show. You have to work in the Yukon and I have to go act in the new show in California. I'm glad our paths crossed for a little while. Last night was perfect, just like all the other nights. I'll always remember it. And I'll miss you, my Shaggy. I'll always be your Lays. You'll always be in my heart, along with all the memories. Don't forget me.

Love, Layla.

I wiped the tears from my eyes and went up the stairs. When I opened Parker's bedroom door, he was still snoring. I chuckled softly as I walked over to him. I leaned down and moved the hair from his forehead before kissing it. I left the note beside him, and took one last picture of him with my phone.

"I'll miss you." I whispered as I walked away.

I wiped more tears from my eyes before I petted Dozer one last time before I walked out the front door. I drove away from the place that Parker and I had come to call home with tears in my eyes.

***

When I boarded the plane, I sat beside an cute little old woman. I smiled at her as I sat down, and she smiled back.