20: Paid Vacation

"So is this what we're back to? Just not talking to each other?" Parker said as he sat on the other end of the couch, waiting for Simon and the crew to get here.

"I don't want to not talk to you, Parker." I said.

"And I don't want to not talk to you." Parker looked at me. "So why are we not talking?"

"I don't know." I sighed. "I have no idea why." I chuckled dryly. "Why I acted like that. I mean, all you said was the truth. I should be glad that you're not like any other guy who would just take advantage of me."

"So are we good now?" Parker smirked.

"Yeah." I chuckled softly. "We're good. Back to how we were."

"Good." Parker smiled at me, both of us making eye contact that lasted longer than usual.

"So where do you think Simon and them are?" I said as I turned my head to pick up my coffee cup.

"Hell if I know." Parker chuckled. "I texted him about ten minutes ago, and he never said anything."

"So are we just going to sit here until they decide to stumble in?" I smirked as I set my cup back down.

"We can find something to pass the time." Parker smirked.

I giggled. "What did you have in mind? What do you want to do?"

"Oh, I have a couple things in mind that I want to do." Parker smirked.

"Parker." I giggled. "It's too early in the morning for all that."

"Fine." Parker sighed. "I'm kinda hungry. You wanna go get some breakfast?"

"Sounds good." I said.

"Then let's go." Parker said as he stood up. "Simon will text if he ever decides to come work."

"Yep." I said as I followed him to the door.

"I get a kiss though." Parker smirked as he turned around before opening the door.

I smiled as I stood on my tiptoes and kissed his cheek. He grabbed my waist.

"That's not what I meant." Parker smirked.

"Well, why don't you show me what you meant, Shaggy?" I smirked up at him.

He smiled as he leaned down, tilting his head slightly as he pressed his lips against mine. It was a slow, deep kiss.

If I can have this much fun for a couple months, I'm fine with whatever he wants to call it.

***

"So what I was thinking about doing instead of that is..." Parker's voice trailed off as he looked towards the door of the diner that had just opened.

"What?" I said as I turned around and saw a blonde girl walking in. I looked back at Parker. "What?"

"Nothing. That's just Libby. Haven't seen her in a while." Parker said as he sipped his coffee.

"Oh." I said as I picked up a piece of bacon to eat.

"Hey, you wanna see if people buy this relationship bit?" Parker smirked.

"What are you talking about?" I said as I chewed a piece of bacon.

"Real cute, Lays." Parker chuckled.

"I know I'm cute." I smiled as I put my hand under my chin. "Now what are you getting at?"

"I've known Libby since I was little. If she buys this, anybody will buy it. Let's just see if she buys it." Parker smirked.