8: Changing

"So." Parker set his coffee mug down on the counter and leaned against it. "We got about four hours of daylight. What do you wanna do today?"

It was now two days after Christmas, and we had been finding things to do each day.

"You're the local." I smirked as I set my mug down. "Give me some options here."

"Um..." Parker looked up at the ceiling and thought. "We could go ice fishing."

"Eh." I shrugged.

"Yeah, not really a fan of that either." Parker chuckled. "We could go snowboarding or ice skating."

"Can you ice skate?" I smirked.

"I did when I was younger. It's been a while." Parker smiled at me. "Can you?"

"I've never tried it." I chuckled.

"So what you're saying is we'd both be falling on our asses like idiots." Parker smirked.

"Yeah." I laughed, nodding. "I kinda wanna go though. Get the whole Alaska experience."

"Oh, we need to go hunting if you want the whole experience now." Parker smirked. "Let's go hunting."

"I've never been hunting." I smirked.

"And that's exactly why you need to go. Put on some clothes that you don't really care about and dress warm. We're going hunting." Parker said as he was walking out of the kitchen.

"So that's it? You decided for me?" I called, chuckling.

"Yep!" Parker called back. "Hurry up!"

I walked up the stairs behind him, and before we both walked into our rooms, he turned his head and said my name.

"What?" I turned my head towards him.

"Don't worry about the makeup and perfume and all that shit." Parker smirked.

"Alright." I smirked before walking in my room.

It felt different going somewhere without doing all that dressing up. I liked it.

***

"You know, this is the first time since I was thirteen that I've went out of the house without makeup and all that." I told Parker as we were driving to his hunting spot.

Parker looked over at me. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah." I chuckled slightly. "I guess I always felt like I needed it."

"You don't need it." Parker said as he looked back at the road. "Don't let anybody tell you that you do."

"It's easier for guys." I smirked. "What you see is what you get."

"Yeah, and girls can make theirselves look like a totally different person." Parker glanced at me for a second. "I like this Layla."

"I actually like this Layla too." I smiled. "I don't have to act different or be something I'm not."

"No, you don't." Parker said.

"You're really easy to talk to, Parker." I smirked.

"You are too." Parker smirked.

"Like, I feel like I've known you forever. But it's only been about two months." I said.

"Well, we did kiss on the first day we met." Parker smirked.