6: Real Christmas

"Merry Christmas, darling." My mom said in her southern drawl she had acquired because of her childhood in Alabama.

"Merry Christmas, Mama." I smiled as I was FaceTiming her while I sat on my bed early on Christmas Eve morning. "How're you and Dad doing?"

"Oh, we're just fine, honey. We decided that we'd spend Christmas in Fiji." Mom smiled.

"Sounds fun." I smirked.

"We still miss you something awful, though." Mom said. "How's things going up there?"

"Good." I nodded. "A few bumps in the road here and there, but it's going good."

"Are you having fun?" Mom asked.

I chuckled slightly. "As much fun as you can have filming all day with a man four years older than you who's supposed to be acting like your boyfriend."

"You don't like him? You know, honey, that's how I met your dad. We were acting on the same show." Mom smiled as she lit a cigarette.

"Yes, Mama, I know." I smirked, playfully rolling my eyes. "It's not like that. I mean, we're friends, but nothing else."

"I'm just saying. He's not that bad looking. Is he a good kisser?"

"Mom!" I chuckled.

"Well, I know you've kissed him for the show. You know if someone is a good kisser or not. Come on, your dad is out to the store." Mom pressed.

"He's alright, I guess." I smirked.

"And that means that he's good or else you would've said so." Mom smirked as she dumped her ashes. "Doesn't he like you? You're a gorgeous girl."

"I don't know, Mom." I said. "It's only until April and then it's over. Fake or not."

"Oh, hi, honey." Mom smiled to her left as I heard a door open and shut. "I'm talking to Layla."

Dad came into the shot and kissed Mom's forehead as she outed her cigarette.

"How's my little girl doing up there in the cold, huh?" He smiled as he sat down beside Mom.

"Pretty good." I smiled. "I'll be glad when it's over."

"Yeah, me too. I don't like you living with that man." Dad said.

I chuckled. "It's only temporary."

"Your uncles sure do miss you." Dad said.

"I'm sure they do." I chuckled. "Tell them I miss them and give them my love."

"Will do, sweet pea." Dad said.

A knock came at my door.

"I gotta go, guys. Time to start filming." I smirked. "Love y'all."

"We love you too, baby." Mom smiled. "Talk to you soon."

"Bye." I waved before hanging up the call.

The knock was steadily coming at the door as I groaned and walked over, unlocking it to see Paul.

"What, Paul? I know, I'm coming." I said.

"You need to be downstairs in twenty minutes. You're spending Christmas with his family. We leave at 8:30." Paul said.

I rolled my eyes as I shut the door in his face.

Paul had become even more unbearable since he had found Parker and me asleep together. He had been harder on us with our acting, had been acting like a dick 24/7, and even went as far as telling us that if he found out that we were having sex that he'd cancel the whole thing and we'd both get no money.