9: One Time We...

"What up Mr. and Mrs. Fake!" Payson called as he walked in the front door of our place.

"In here, man!" Parker called from the living room.

"Dude." Payson chuckled as he walked in, carrying two boxes of beer. "This is going to be the best New Year's party."

"I don't know about that." I chuckled.

Payson set the boxes down against the wall and sat in the chair.

"So what have you guys been doing with your time off?" Payson asked.

Parker stretched his arms out and groaned. "Well... Let's see, we've been snowboarding, snowmachining, hunting, we went out with a few friends."

"Yeah, he introduced me to his friends." I smiled. "They're really nice too."

"Did you tell them she was your fake girlfriend?" Payson smirked.

"They already knew about her." Parker said. "Austin actually tried to ask her out."

Payson laughed. "And what'd you say, Layla?"

"I didn't have to say anything before Parker interrupted." I chuckled.

"What'd you do, Parker?" Payson asked.

"I told him that she didn't have time for it." Parker shrugged a shoulder.

"His exact words were 'hey, man, no. She's not going out with you. She doesn't have time for that shit.'" I laughed. "We all might have been a little tipsy."

"Sounds like Parker got jealous." Payson smirked at Parker.

"Whatever, man. Shut up." Parker said. "No I didn't."

Payson chuckled, and then looked over at me and nodded.

I covered my mouth slightly with my hand and chuckled softly.

"So there's going to be about thirty people here." Parker said as he was looking at his phone. "What are we doing for food?"

"I can make hotdogs." I said.

"Yeah, just get a bunch of hotdogs and chips. We got drinks covered." Payson said. "Did you get the fireworks?"

"Yeah, we went to get them yesterday." Parker said. "Man, Layla, I can't believe that we start filming tomorrow again."

I groaned, rolling my eyes. "Don't remind me. And we know about zero of what we're doing."

"Eh, we'll improvise." Parker said as he stood up. "We need to go get the food."

"I'm riding." Payson said.

I chuckled. "Let me go put the drinks in the fridge so they'll get cold."

"We'll be waiting for you in the truck, Lays." Parker said as he grabbed his keys from the wall.

"Don't take my seat, Payson!" I said as I took the drinks in the kitchen.

***

"Hello, my name is Payson and I'll be your DJ for the night." Payson smirked as we were standing by a speaker and he was going through songs on his phone that was hooked up to it.

"We gonna dance!" I smiled.

"I used to be a real DJ, you know." Payson smiled.

"For real?" I smiled as I took a sip of my drink.

"Yeah, girl." Payson smiled. "It was always turnt."