32: Moving On

"Thanks for coming with me to see the movie." Lizzie smiled as we walked into the movie theater.

I chuckled. "No prob. After this we're going shopping, aren't we?"

"Yay! I think I'm getting the old Layla back." Lizzie said as we were waiting in line for popcorn and drinks.

I shrugged. "I don't know about that."

"How about we find a new dress and we go to a party tonight?" Lizzie smiled. "It's been so long since you've been with me to a party."

"Eh, I don't know about that, Lizzie." I smirked. "I'm not really into being around a whole pile of drunk people I don't know."

"Well, you can be around the drunk person you do know." Lizzie smiled. "Me."

I chuckled. "You know the first minute you find a cute guy you're going to leave me."

"I won't if you don't want me to." Lizzie said.

"I don't know, Lizzie. All the guys around here are-"

"Not Parker, I know. But Layla, hasn't it been a month since you talked to him last?"

"Yeah." I mumbled as I stepped ahead in line.

"Maybe it's time for you to move on. Isn't that what you wanted to do?"

"I don't know, Lizzie. I might go to the party." I said.

***

"This is cute." Lizzie smiled as she held up a black dress to her figure.

"There's not very much to it." I smirked.

"That's why you wear it. Makes the men go wild." Lizzie smirked as she held it over her arm along with several more to try on.

I chuckled. "I'm surprised you've not gotten pregnant."

"Because I'm on birth control. And I always make them wear a condom so I don't get any diseases." Lizzie said nonchalantly as she held up a red dress to me. "That'd look good on you, Layla."

"You think so?" I smiled as I looked down at the little red dress.

"Oh yeah. You'd have all the men flirting with you." Lizzie smiled as she gave me the dress to hold.

I chuckled. "Now that I think about it, a party sounds fun."

"I knew Layla would come back to me!" Lizzie smiled. "Not that boring Layla that wants to stay home all the time."

"Well, that's what I did for six months, you know." I shrugged as I picked out a blue dress. "We'd film or go hang out with friends during the day, but we'd always be back home by midnight. I never stayed out all night."

"Well, we're young. In the prime of our lives. We're California girls. We party. It's what we do." Lizzie said.

I chuckled softly as I absently ran my fingers over the pendant hanging from the necklace Parker had given me months earlier.

"The party's about two hours away, so we need to hurry up here and go back to your place and get ready." Lizzie said as she started walking towards the dressing room. "Come on!"

"Coming." I said as I grabbed a purple dress off the rack as I followed her.

***