39: Home

After spending the next two days getting ready for me to move, Parker and I finally had our flight scheduled for that afternoon. I was excited to say the least.

"Baby, what are you doing?" Parker asked me as he walked in my room.

"Getting ready, duh." I said as I was sitting at my vanity putting on blush.

"You know you look beautiful anyway." Parker said as he put his arm over my shoulder and kissed my head.

I smiled. "Well, that's good that you think that. Because I'm not getting up every morning and putting on makeup up there in the Yukon."

Parker chuckled as he picked his phone up from the vanity where he had laid it. "You don't need to. Hey, look." Parker showed me the lock screen on his phone.

I smiled as I looked at the same picture that I had as my lock screen for so long. The picture of me and Dozer in the snow.

"How long have you had that as your lock screen?" I smiled.

"Eh." Parker shrugged. "It's July now. So about five months, I guess."

"I had the same lock screen up until two months ago." I smirked as I turned my head back around to finish my makeup. "That's so cute of you, honey."

"What can I say?" Parker smirked as he sat on my bed. "My two favorite people."

I chuckled. "Good to know you love me as much as Dozer."

"Okay, maybe I love you more." Parker smirked.

I chuckled. "I'm glad. Hey, is it cold up there?"

"Not really. You might want to wear jeans instead of those shorts though." Parker said.

"Alright." I said before putting on my lip gloss.

"Now I understand that song about waiting on a woman." Parker said.

I laughed as I pressed my lips together. "I'm almost ready. Go put the bags in the car. Not the small one though. I still have to put the rest of my things in it."

"Okay." Parker said as he stood up.

***

"Oh my gosh, you're leaving me again!" Lizzie said as she hugged me.

I chuckled softly. "I'll miss you, Liz."

"I already miss you." Lizzie said as she stood in front of me in her tank top and shorts, shuffling her feet on the airport floor. "I don't want you to leave!"

I chuckled as I gave her a quick hug again. "I promise I'll visit soon."

Parker had just walked up from putting all our luggage where it would get on the plane. He put his arm around my shoulder and smiled. "Yeah, we'll get back here. I usually come down here once or twice a year anyway for work stuff."

"It was good meeting you, Parker." Lizzie smiled. "You better be good to her."

Parker chuckled. "Don't worry about that." Parker turned his head to look down at me. "Are you ready, baby?"

"Aw, you guys are so cute!" Lizzie smiled as she hugged us both. "Come back soon! And Layla, you better call me."

"I will." I chuckled as she backed away from us. "Bye, love you."

"Love you." Lizzie smiled as she picked up her purse. "Bye."

"Bye." Parker and I said as we turned around and walked.