33: Boyfriend...

"Nate!" I squealed as we stood in the living room of the large mansion that he lived in.

I had come to know this mansion very well in the past two weeks. Well, at least I knew where his large bedroom suite was.

"It yours, babygirl." Nate smiled as he held out a beautiful gold necklace with diamonds, along with the matching earrings and bracelet.

I grinned from ear to ear as I admired the jewelry. Nate had been showering me with presents since our first date. Jewelry, expensive purses, dresses and shoes, lingerie, chocolates and flowers. He was that kind of man. Always spending money on a girl.

"It's beautiful." I said awestruck.

"A beautiful girl deserves beautiful things." Nate smiled as he put one arm around my waist and kissed my forehead.

"You always know what to say." I smiled as I set the jewelry back in the box.

"Don't you want to put it on, love?" Nate asked.

"I already have jewelry on. I'll wear it tomorrow when we go to the social, huh?" I smiled as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He wasn't as tall as Parker. But he was still a good six inches taller than me.

"Come on, you only wear that necklace everywhere." Nate said as he picked up the pendant hanging from the necklace around my neck. He huffed. "Haines Alaska. Who wants to be in Alaska? There's nothing up there but snow."

I chuckled slightly. I never told him about Parker.

"Um, it's just a souvenir I got when I went up there. I thought it was cute." I shrugged.

"Well, now you can wear my jewelry." Nate smiled. "It'll look good on you."

"Yeah." I chuckled dryly.

He pulled away from me, checking his phone.

"We have a dinner to go to tonight with a few of my business partners." Nate said.

"Do I have to go?" I groaned as I was putting the jewelry in my purse. "It's so boring."

"Yes, babygirl. You will go and you will act nice just like the rest of us will." Nate said. "And then we'll come home and enjoy ourselves."

"Nate." I whined.

"Layla." Nate gritted his teeth as he grabbed my waist again. "You. Will. Go."

"Fine." I scoffed frustratingly as I moved his arm away from me.

"Don't throw my arm off you, Layla." Nate said as he grabbed my wrists and pinned me against the wall.

Flashbacks of that night in the hotel room with Paul came.

"Nate." I begged.

He loosened his grip on my wrists, letting them go as he wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his face in my neck.

"I'm sorry, Layla." Nate whispered as he trailed kisses over my neck. "You know I love you. I'm trying to change for you."

"I know." I whispered as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"You love me, don't you?" Nate looked at me hopefully with his blue eyes.

I smiled as I kissed his cheek. "Yes."

***

I walked down the stairs of Nate's mansion wearing a gold dress that sleekly went down to my ankles, a slit in the right side. My hair and makeup had been done professionally by the same woman who had helped me pick out the dress. I sighed as I walked down the stairs in three inch heels, straightening out the thin strap of the dress on my left shoulder.