4. Hogwarts Hit List - I am your kind.

I am your kind

Chapter 4

The great hall was filled with students already when Estella arrived for dinner, seeing the buzz of excited students filling around her, she let a small smile fall onto her lips, clutching the book in her arms tightly she made her way towards the table decorated in yellow and black, the table with her fellow badgers whom she loved with all of her heart.

She found a seat close to the middle, with a few spaces at either side of her, she had her fair share of acquaintances, some not so close friends that she could make some polite, friendly conversation with but she would much rather read the last few chapters of her book, knowing that if she didn't find out what happened to the main character she thinks she would scream.

She tried to figure it in charms the few lessons previous to finishing lessons for the day, but her professor managed to catch her just as she was starting a new chapter, it was entirely frustrating having to leave the book when it was getting good, and she didn't have any time to finish it until now, she tried to get her homework done before the night truly started, going straight to the library after classes so that she wouldn't have to worry about it.

She could faintly hear the sound of Dumbledore's voice commencing the night's feast, and soon was the tables stacked with food in front of her. She hated the time they had dinner, seeing as it was only a few hours after lessons, she didn't always feel hungry, like now, she wasn't in the slightest in need for food, and usually did she go to the house elves in a couple of hours, they didn't mind though, they loved the company of the kind girl.

"Someone's quiet," Estella raised her head at the voice near her, and soon turned to see a smirking Theo beside her, "what you reading?"

"I believe it's called a book," she shrugged, "who knows."

"Funny."

"You know you shouldn't exactly be sitting at other houses tables," she chuckled, "well not when it's at dinner, anyway."

"Well I'm not eating anything," he waved her off, eying her new choice of clothing. He couldn't deny that she looked incredible out of her robes, seeing the skirt she wore falling over her legs, he hated that thoughts of her clouded his mind, and he definitely wouldn't tell her this.

"Same," she shook her head, her nose scrunched up in the most adorable way-

Stop it, Theo spoke harshly to himself in his head, if anyone could hear his thoughts they would've sworn he was crazy.

"I'm never usually hungry around this time," she huffed, nudging her head towards the Gryffindor table, "my brother eats enough for the both of us," she couldn't help but laugh softly, thankful that Peter was able to eat as much as he could at Hogwarts.

Their mother wasn't the wealthiest woman in the world, it really broke Estella's heart when she had to go home to her struggling mother, it was horrible for her, and Peter too. neither of them talked about their home life, Estella got a TV for her Christmas a few years ago but she hadn't had anything since, they just couldn't afford it.

She cried that Christmas, clutching her mother so tightly and begging for her to sell it for money that they needed so much more, but her mother told her not to worry, making sure to tell her that it was truly okay.

Estella made sure to get as many jobs as she could over summers, having a few days of free time a week, she'd spend it at the local muggle shops, record shops, cinemas, blockbuster, it was incredible for her to experience the muggle way of living, their advanced modern spin on the wizarding world, it was fascinating.