8. Hogwarts Hit List - Over reacted.

Over reacted

Chapter 8

Estella piled some food onto her plate as she sat in the great hall during dinner, she was actually deciding to eat at the regular time, seeing as she was too busy avoiding Theo, she wasn't sure she'd risk leaving the hufflepuff basement in order to get food seeing as the boy was making it his goal to get her to talk to him. She was definitely mad at him and he knew why, but he wondered mostly why it bothered her, she was the one that set him and Coraline up, and the fact that she was mad about it just confused him even more.

"Estella."

"Stella."

"Ella."

"...La?"

"Leave me alone," she spoke coldly, casually reading her book as she ate her food in front of her, turning ever so slightly the other way from a frustrated Theo, she didn't want to talk to him and he knew this, and yet he was fine with annoying her even more than what she already was.

It was two weeks after they had even gone to Hogsmeade and in that time, Theo had learned that she was terribly stubborn. The buzz of the castle was Halloween in just a few weeks, Theo didn't know that the castle had a feast for the students and he couldn't say he wasn't happy about it, Halloween was his favourite time of the year.

"Stella please," Theo grumbled, sitting right beside her. He reached for her book, taking it from her grip and closing it over, failing to mark the page she was it, it only angered her further, "look I'm not going to stop until you talk to me so you're going to just have to get used to it."

"No." She glared, turning away from him and back to her food. She continued to eat as best as she could, ignoring him beside of her which was harder than what she wished it would be, especially when he started getting touchy with her and she hated that she enjoyed it.

He swept the hair from the side of her face, showing his face that was previously hidden behind her hair, she continued to ignore him even when he moved closer, resting his head on her shoulder whilst she merely rolled her eyes.

There were some very curious stares their way as Estella continued to ignore him, particularly shocked stares that she actually could ignore him and wasn't falling at his feet at the fact that he was acting so close with her, but anyone who wasn't living under a rock - aka, most of the students - knew that Theo had taken quite a liking to Estella when he had started the school at the start of his seventh year.

The only reason he even agreed to go out with Coraline was Estella's doing, and he couldn't even say he had a good time with the girl. She was nice, and absolutely gorgeous but her personality didn't work with his, she didn't get his jokes, or the fact that he was terribly sarcastic, at one point she was terribly upset about a comment that was meant to be completely harmless, though she didn't take it that way.

She wasn't exactly funny, either, as much as she was kind and nice, she just wasn't for Theo, he hated to admit that the girl he truly wanted was the one sitting right next to him. he didn't need months to figure out that he did actually like her, he was straight to the point, and knew more than anything that when he saw her with the boy she knew, he was furiously jealous at how touchy they were.

"Estella, please," he huffed, finally getting her attention, she smiled sweetly which soon turned into another glare, "I don't even know why you're so upset!"

She sat down her spoon, taking her book off of the table and grabbing her bag, ignoring his protests that filled the air when she stood up, "oh come on why don't you just tell me why you're mad?!"