11. Hogwarts Hit List - Not crazy. Just angry.

Not crazy. Just angry.

Chapter 11

The feast was in full swing when Estella entered the great hall, a wide grin on her lips as she took a seat at the hufflepuff table, sitting her bag on the chair beside her and sitting her book on the table. She wasn't in the slightest bit hungry, but the delicious treats on the table where calling to her as she sat alone.

She noticed at the Gryffindor table that the boys weren't particularly enjoying the feast, and it made sense to her when she had to tell them about Teresa. James was more disappointed, slightly embarrassed, that his sister had those ideals, it was horrible, he punched a wall and Estella comforted him as best as she could.

Remus was crushed, he couldn't deny that the girl was lovely when he studied potions with her, just a day previous did she admit that she didn't really need help with Potions, that she just wished to spend more time with him and it made him ecstatic, he liked her too, but that quickly vanished when Estella told him and the boys about what had happened.

She was surprised when he uttered, "you shouldn't have stopped," when she admitted to hitting her, it crushed her.

Peter comforted him.

Telling Sirius was the hardest, when the pain struck in his eyes, she thought that telling James would be worse but Sirius had parents, he has first-hand experienced the type of thoughts that ran through a pureblood's head when they agreed with the lord, when they agreed with Voldemort. It was vile and for years he was brought up with that view, and still knew it was wrong.

Teresa had her family teach her anything but, and still managed to become terribly closeminded, it hurt him.

That the girl he shared a house with over summer, laughing with her and James, winding her up, teasing her, was the same girl that turned cold, turned evil.

She was a villain.

It devastated him.

"You look awfully concentrated," she let a small smile fall onto her lips at the sound of Theo falling beside her, he had barely sat at the Slytherin table, making better use of his time and instead sitting with Estella.

"I was just thinking," she shrugged, her head falling onto his shoulder, "I'm rather mad, actually."

"Oh?" he frowned, reaching for her hand under the table, "why?"

"Some boy asked me to go to Hogsmeade with him on Saturday, and then about ten minutes later I caught him shouting vile words at purebloods," she huffed, rolling her eyes, "I didn't hurt him though, I'm laying off detentions on for a bit. I have a plan though."

"He asked you to Hogsmeade?" Theo repeated, frowning, "did you say yes."

"Wha- oh no," she shook her head, a smile twitching onto her lips, "I said I already had plans that day."

Theo raised his eyebrow, turning to stare at her when she lifted her head from his shoulder, still with her hand clutched in his, she intertwined their fingers, "you do?"

"Oh, that reminds me!" she exclaimed, turning to him, "do you wanna go to Hogsmeade on Saturday?"

He was biting back a smile when he saw the look on her face, gnawing at his bottom lips whist her smile widened, and soon did he nod, "sure."

"Yeah, I have plans on Saturday," she grins, seeing that he was too, she made sure to move closer to him, leaning on him whilst he shook his head, muttering about her being something else whilst she couldn't help but let a laugh escape her lips.